New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
May 30, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,951 of 11,302
I see, do you think Kingwa will be able to offer the F-1 board when I get a new DAC 7 from him to replace the Amanero board? Then he can also adjust the 5V issue with the other input. They also offer their own PSU for the Amanero USB but I suppose an external LPS or battery pack or good DC power supply like iPower which may work as well or better....

Kingwa is the most friendly and open minded designer and company owner that I have known. You can email him and ask for his direct responds. I think to put in F1 is possible, but to custom a 5V, it is another matter. Just email him and see

May 30, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,952 of 11,302
I see, do you think Kingwa will be able to offer the F-1 board when I get a new DAC 7 from him to replace the Amanero board? Then he can also adjust the 5V issue with the other input. They also offer their own PSU for the Amanero USB but I suppose an external LPS or battery pack or good DC power supply like iPower which may work as well or better....

I don’t know but perhaps Kingwa can accommodate. You may want to also contact Jos at Magna Hifi. Super nice person. He is trying to sell me a R2R 7 and said they can offer competitive pricing. Shipping would be a lot and stress you need 120V AC if you live in the US. I did not get a quote.

The Magna Hifi solution for powering 3.3V HDMI I2S boards is to connect Its power to regulated 3.3V power available from the F1 board. I just thought this approach was sub-optimal for lowest jitter performance. A small voltage regulator instead with short connections for power and ground plane especially provides best regulation. It may work OK but never tried it.

And I am using an HDMI I2S adapter board I designed about 4 years ago for the old Master 7 DAC and way before Kingwa offered them for sale. So easy for me to modify and add a voltage regulator. How to do this easily with the AGD design would take a little research even though the two are very similar in basic HW design.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,956 of 11,302
Actually, I take what I said back. When compared directly from my amplifier direct into wall outlet VS from Furman. The amplifier lost liveliness, deep subbass rumbles and trebles body density (hardly observable) but definitely is a compromises.

I think it is true that amplifier gotta go to the wall outlet, and the rest is going to conditioner ?
That's what i do. All my stuff is on a balance transformer except the two class-d monoblocs.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #1,957 of 11,302
That't what i do. All my stuff is on a balance transformer except the two class-d monoblocs.

That sounds great! I think I have been confused by this conditioner a lot. I never debate much and got confused so much like this time.

So here is the thing. I have been comparing for hours with only 30-45 seconds of music from plugged into Furman and or direct outlet. What I found out

Direct wall output: appear to have more energy, more sub bass blooms, better trebles density (probably caused by it is more forward), but also the tonal body timbres is not as well defined throughout the whole spectrums, the layering is not as great

Furman plugged: appear to have less sub bass blooms, but rather faster in speed, tightened energy of the bass body. Trebles seems to be lacking of that density in comparison to straight wall outlet, but it has better tonal body timbres accross the spectrum, so the trebles layering seems to be better layered out but also recessed a little further back.

I think the Furman just simply alternate the sound signature of my amplifier, and not necessarily negative or positive. It can be perceived either way as it depends on the personal preferences. However, If you must and have to look for it, there are differences

Though after hours of analyzing this Furman, I think my brain submitted into it signatures. So, it is an improvement LoL! Final thought!

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1,960 of 11,302
Is your wall outlet a standard one or one of the more expensive audiophile ones?

Just the standard one, no audiophile stuff. It is just a straight outlet toward the main panel. However, I had only 1 outlets or 2 sockets.

Furman does work well when I plugged it into the outlet that has other stuff connected to it, like a Keurig coffee maker and blender. My PC has a USB powered screen, and when those blenders or Keurig are operating, the screens would get some distortions. But if I Plug Furman into that socket, and my PC into it, there is 0 distortions shows on the screen when those stuff are operating

May 30, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,962 of 11,302
LOL! I thought Yoda from Star Wars replied! From your signature seems like you have gone down this path. Please explain what you have tried and are running now with your F1.
Now, F1 feed Lps1.2-sps500-500w own isolation transformer.not so cheap option,i know.im just lazy to build one more nesscap psu with relay,(5v 500ma)can beat lps1.2-sps500 combo.
ultra low noise linear psu also can be the other option,but because the Ac quality,always degrade the SQ vs.independent nesscap ucap banks.

May 31, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #1,963 of 11,302
Now, F1 feed Lps1.2-sps500-500w own isolation transformer.not so cheap option,i know.im just lazy to build one more nesscap psu with relay,(5v 500ma)can beat lps1.2-sps500 combo ultra low noise linear psu also can be the other option,but because the Ac quality,always degrade the SQ vs.independent nesscap ucap banks.

I see. wow... The SOtM sPS-500 power supply feeds DC input to the Uptone LPS-1.2 power supply which finally supplies +5V DC for the F1.
Is Nesscap still in business? Digikey has their caps listed as Obsolete. But they have stock on many pieces.

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sps-500/
https://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1-2
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=nesscap

May 31, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #1,964 of 11,302
Ok, can someone please tell me what are the differences from Nos different Modes ?

I am trying to go through them all and there are 2 Nos3 Modes. 1 is without ATT jumpers, and 1 is with ATT0. I prefer the Nos3 with ATT0 jumper in. If I am correct, I think I am hearing pre-ringing, and if that is correct, different NOS modes has different Digital Filters applied ?

May 31, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #1,965 of 11,302
Ok, can someone please tell me what are the differences from Nos different Modes ?

I am trying to go through them all and there are 2 Nos3 Modes. 1 is without ATT jumpers, and 1 is with ATT0. I prefer the Nos3 with ATT0 jumper in. If I am correct, I think I am hearing pre-ringing, and if that is correct, different NOS modes has different Digital Filters applied ?
From Kingwa:

The R2R 7 had 4 types NOS modes.
While S2 = OFF, the R2R7 working in oversampling state (Like the master 7 mode), it can support 8X,4X,2X and the class NOS setting.
While the S2= ON, It working in NOS modes, (Like the NOS7), there are 3 modes different NOS modes.
Mode 1 is simply process .
Mode 2 is FIFO mode process.
Mode 3 is ultra high speed process.
There are some different sound flavors ,depend on the users taste, I am consider the Mode 1 is worst but it can support very high input sampling, so we put it on mode 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back