New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition]
Sep 6, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #736 of 1,962
If anyone out there has the NFB-1amp, or gets one and doesn't want it, I'll be willing to take it, provided I haven't already purchased one. Between the amp itself, matching form factor to sac-19 and the preamp capability, it falls into my gotta have one list. I just don't think I'll do it until after a headphone upgrade.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #737 of 1,962
Just testing different inputs on the DAC-19 and it's solid no matter what I feed it. aamefford, all though I won't use it much I'm happy that the CCK works as you said! Cool :cool:

Sep 10, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #738 of 1,962
Very interested in dipping my feet into R2R with this DAC. How long did it take from ordering the unit to receiving it at your doorstep (in the US) for people on this thread?

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #739 of 1,962
Very interested in dipping my feet into R2R with this DAC. How long did it take from ordering the unit to receiving it at your doorstep (in the US) for people on this thread?

Mine took about a week from ordering through email to Audio-gd to my doorstep. It came to my house in three days travel time from China, Friday to Monday, and that included a stop in the U.S. before going through Canadian customs.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #741 of 1,962
I just got the Audio-gd DAC 19 and Audio-gd C-2 with ACSS cables but I have no clue where to place them, HELP!! 
biggrin.gif

DAC 19: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DAC1911/DAC1902.JPG

C-2: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C22015/C220151.JPG

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #742 of 1,962
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #744 of 1,962
Sep 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #746 of 1,962
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DAC1911/DAC19EN_Use.htm

"Setting button: 
Select the phase of output signal  , pull off for the normal output, push into for invert output ."

What does this mean?

It changes the output phase from the DAC-19. If your system is out of phase it will sound 'wrong'. For most systems it won't make a difference but if your system is out of phase it will correct for this. I don't hear a difference whether it's pushed in or out on my system. If you don't hear a difference just leave it at the default position.

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #747 of 1,962
It changes the output phase from the DAC-19. If your system is out of phase it will sound 'wrong'. For most systems it won't make a difference but if your system is out of phase it will correct for this. I don't hear a difference whether it's pushed in or out on my system. If you don't hear a difference just leave it at the default position.

Moffat says to test this on a CD by CD basis.  Apparently there's phase encoding in the actual CD and some are backwards; flipping the phase on those apparently makes a noticeable difference.

FWIW, I never bother with it.  *shrug*

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #748 of 1,962
To me it's little more than a fun button to push when I'm bored. :tongue_smile:

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #749 of 1,962

Allright, I can't hear a difference either :)

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #750 of 1,962
I have about a hundred hours in my DAC19. Initial observations: More detailed, better layering and realistic soundstage.  Greater extension at the frequency extremes.  All observations compared to the vintage Ultech Dac (also R2R) that I tried. Same great tonality and timbre, way better than my other Wolfson NFB3.1 DAC.  The Amanero USB input is significantly better than using my MF Vlink192 USB-SPDIF converter in terms of transparency. I initially had doubts about this as I was impressed by the effect of the Vlink192 when i first used it with the NFB3.1. Now I can't imagine how much better the Amanero input can be so I ordered the Regen. We'll find out in a month or so. Also, I can't hear a difference with the Phase Setting button.

*Using it with Beta22 and LCD3F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back