New Audeze LCD3
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #5,897 of 11,521
Quote:

Dynaudio Confidence C4

Those are really nice speakers, heard them a couple of years back at a show and liked them a lot, very neutral and true to the source if I remember correctly. My ushers are really nice speakers too and I'm not disparaging them but have to honestly say I was shocked at the LCD-3s similar tonal accuracy, layering, detail, etc. Two great transducers

Jun 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #5,899 of 11,521
It was big and fancy. Fully balanced dual PSU, etc etc. The builder put a lot of case work into it as well. It was his baby. I believe his was one in one out, too. Only a 4 Pin out on it. 

Quote:

How many boards and with seperate PSU? Because I am wondering to get a LCD-3, thanks.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #5,900 of 11,521
I'd add this... if you like the Liquid Fire chances are you wouldn't like the B22 and vice versa.

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #5,905 of 11,521
Quote:
What is the absolute best best DAC you can get for the LCD3? Price does not matter because Im really looking to purchase an end game rig..

This is very subjective and I suggest that you listen to the DAC yourself before you put down your hard earned money. All DACs have a different sound signature and who's to say that one DAC is more neutral and resolving than the next.

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #5,907 of 11,521
What is the absolute best best DAC you can get for the LCD3? Price does not matter because Im really looking to purchase an end game rig..

There is no absolute best in the audiophile world, but if "price does not matter", I would suggest you try out the new one from Antelope, the Rubicon A/D D/A preamp, with a Rubidium atomic clock installed (none of the DACs is preinstalled with a Rubidium clock so far, but there are offerings by Esoteric and Antelope in separate clock units which sell to close to US$10,000). The price of the Antelope Rubicon is around US$40,000 MSRP.

Jun 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #5,909 of 11,521
I have not tried, but since price does not matter for him, I suggested him to try. At 10k it would be a no brainier, as the Antelope Trinity and Antelope Isochrome clock combo alone would cost more than that.. The new atomic clock offering from Esoteric, the G01, is also at the US$10K mark. And they are just, em, clocks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back