New Audeze LCD3
Apr 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #4,921 of 11,521

Quote:
I just got my pair back today ^^.  They sound better then before.  I'll let them burn in more while I go out.  Audeze told me that after they replace the drivers they let it burn in with their systems that plays all sorts of signals for few days.  

I would recommend you enjoy the sound and let them burn in w/ regular use while listening.  That should maximize their utility.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #4,922 of 11,521
Just my 2 cents, but whoever really cares enough about sound to buy LCD3s and follow this thread should concentrate on upgrading from the Audeze cable,
which makes the phones sound relatively unfocused and incoherent and even sort of out-of-phase
compared to the aftermarket cables. All the Audeze phones are sensitive to the headphone cable. (ALO, Q-cable, Enigma, they're all good, and, based on my experience with Senn and AKG phones, Moon Audio. I bet the others out there are good too.)

Maybe it's because the Audezes are very revealing, but I found the stock cables on the HD800s, T1s, and D7000s quite decent, but the Audezes seem to be a different story, changing pretty radically.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #4,923 of 11,521

Maybe it's because the Audezes are very revealing, but I found the stock cables on the HD800s, T1s, and D7000s quite decent, but the Audezes seem to be a different story, changing pretty radically.

Not only do you get better sound, you get a much more natural-feeling, more comfortable cable as well. The Audeze stock ribbon cable is a must-change, IMO.

Anybody regretted sending their pair in? 

Quote:
.....Purrin's new pair has less bass, more upper midrange and is faster, more transparent, bigger soundstage, cleaner treble.  ....

So...why is purrin selling his pair? I saw it sounded like he was disappointed a little when he got his (third) new pair in compared to the one that died. I figured either he'd either get used to it or would sell it. So it was different enough to justify a sale? 
devil_face.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #4,924 of 11,521
Maybe the unveild first versions of the LCD-3 will become a classic. I like mine for sure....

As for the ribbon cable, I quite like it. It's light and flexible and doesn't get twisted up as easily as any other cables. Cannot comment on the sound vs. other cables, though. 
Quote:

Not only do you get better sound, you get a much more natural-feeling, more comfortable cable as well. The Audeze stock ribbon cable is a must-change, IMO.

So...why is purrin selling his pair? I saw it sounded like he was disappointed a little when he got his (third) new pair in compared to the one that died. I figured either he'd either get used to it or would sell it. So it was different enough to justify a sale? 
devil_face.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #4,925 of 11,521

Quote:
Maybe the unveild first versions of the LCD-3 will become a classic. I like mine for sure....

As for the ribbon cable, I quite like it. It's light and flexible and doesn't get twisted up as easily as any other cables. Cannot comment on the sound vs. other cables, though. 

Ergonomically I have zero issues with their current cable. You guys should have seen their still/microphonic canare cable that they first released with their LCD-2s a few years back.

Looks like my pair have just made it to California. Nothing wrong, but I did send them back for a quick once over/possible update. Comments from those who loved their LCD-3s and never found them veiled, but yet heard improvements since returning them got me a thinking...

They should be in Audeze's hands tomorrow and hopefully they get them back to me late this week.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #4,927 of 11,521

Quote:

Judging by what I've seen on the Audeze website, the new LCD-3 cables are certainly better than the one that came with the LCD-2 Rev 2's back in late 2011.

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #4,928 of 11,521
Quote:
Ergonomically I have zero issues with their current cable. You guys should have seen their still/microphonic canare cable that they first released with their LCD-2s a few years back.

Looks like my pair have just made it to California. Nothing wrong, but I did send them back for a quick once over/possible update. Comments from those who loved their LCD-3s and never found them veiled, but yet heard improvements since returning them got me a thinking...

They should be in Audeze's hands tomorrow and hopefully they get them back to me late this week.

I was one, and it was a pleasant surprise when I got them back.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4,929 of 11,521
I was one, and it was a pleasant surprise when I got them back.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

I guess I'm the first one reporting back that non-veiled LCD3 got better after RMA:D, sorry to make people curious~~~~

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #4,931 of 11,521
Curiosity got me too - although I'm pretty sure my LCD-3s were not veiled, I sent them back anyway for testing and possible updating. I got an RA number within 48 hours and they got sent back to me within 3 days - great customer service by Audez'e and I applaud them for the commitment they've shown to get things right and turned around quickly. When I got them back I noticed they had changed the ear pads, replaced the felt damping to foam and put the more transparent cloth covering in front of the drivers. The cups, headband and I assume drivers were not changed.

They sound better.

The new FR graph shows that the slope around 1-3K rolls off much more gradually as compared to my original graph but more importantly, overall the sound is noticeably more transparent in the upper mids and clearer all around without losing any of its impact and tonal weight.

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #4,932 of 11,521
Quote:
Curiosity got me too - although I'm pretty sure my LCD-3s were not veiled, I sent them back anyway for testing and possible updating. I got an RA number within 48 hours and they got sent back to me within 3 days - great customer service by Audez'e and I applaud them for the commitment they've shown to get things right and turned around quickly. When I got them back I noticed they had changed the ear pads, replaced the felt damping to foam and put the more transparent cloth covering in front of the drivers. The cups, headband and I assume drivers were not changed.

They sound better.

The new FR graph shows that the slope around 1-3K rolls off much more gradually as compared to my original graph but more importantly, overall the sound is noticeably more transparent in the upper mids and clearer all around without losing any of its impact and tonal weight.

Sounds like my experience as well. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back