New Audeze LCD3
Nov 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #1,681 of 11,521
Why?! That's really not fair......

Quote:
Looking for a man's messenger bag lately. The LCD3's earpad makes me want to look for a quality bag. I don't want to buy brands such as LV or Gucci. Probably more value in the brand name than quality. Longchamp seems to be good. Any other suggestions?

Anyway, back to the LCD3. I think it's earpad is indeed very good and relieves me from the LCD2 clamp. Still not as comfortable as the 009 or the ED10 IMO, but a considerable step up from the LCD2. I am trying not to comment on LCD2's comfort again as I was banned for a week last time... But you know what I mean 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #1,683 of 11,521

Quote:
Looking for a man's messenger bag lately. The LCD3's earpad makes me want to look for a quality bag. I don't want to buy brands such as LV or Gucci. Probably more value in the brand name than quality. Longchamp seems to be good. Any other suggestions?

Check out Saddleback:http://www.saddlebackleather.com/

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #1,686 of 11,521

I absolutely love my Belstaff Colonial 556 messenger. Timeless styling and excellent quality. Mine has held up like the day I bought it.

Quote:

Anyway, back to the LCD3. I think it's earpad is indeed very good and relieves me from the LCD2 clamp. Still not as comfortable as the 009 or the ED10 IMO, but a considerable step up from the LCD2. I am trying not to comment on LCD2's comfort again as I was banned for a week last time... But you know what I mean 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #1,687 of 11,521
As I sit here at work, listening to Zero 7 on Spotify though a piece of junk 'monitor mounted' speaker, I can't help but to have my attention drawn to just how laid back the 3's sound in comparison. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Pieces of my rig are surely not completely 'burned in,' if you believe in that sort of thing, but there does seem to be a certain lack of clarity with many recordings. I suppose it's the dark nature of Audez'e products. I'll have to have another long listening session when I get home...

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,688 of 11,521
Have to say it is a picky headphone, reveals a lot bad recordings and makes certain record less enjoyable.

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #1,690 of 11,521
Nov 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #1,691 of 11,521
I agree about its pickiness, reminds me of the HD800 in that respect.

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #1,692 of 11,521
I rolled in a new tube, at the recommendation of Purrin, and it has largely dealt with the issues I was complaining about. Thanks, Purrin!

Quote:
As I sit here at work, listening to Zero 7 on Spotify though a piece of junk 'monitor mounted' speaker, I can't help but to have my attention drawn to just how laid back the 3's sound in comparison. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Pieces of my rig are surely not completely 'burned in,' if you believe in that sort of thing, but there does seem to be a certain lack of clarity with many recordings. I suppose it's the dark nature of Audez'e products. I'll have to have another long listening session when I get home...

Quote:
Have to say it is a picky headphone, reveals a lot bad recordings and makes certain record less enjoyable.

Quote:
I agree about its pickiness, reminds me of the HD800 in that respect.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #1,693 of 11,521
Yes I also agree on the LCD-3 being picky. I am still trying to get a handle on the LCD-3, and thereby make it a constant sound as apposed to having it work very well on some audio a poorly on other audio. The biggest problem I find is with the bass sometimes great and other times overwhelming and fatiguing.

I should add that I am using a Liquid Fire amp (very fast) with a quad set of nos CCa (early 60's) Siemens. I haven't tried the LCD-3's on my WA5LE but fear that the WA5LE being a 300B amp and a little laid back will only tend to lend to a laid back type of headphone with the LCD-3's. Never owning a Audeze headphone till now and comparing it to my HE6's and its speed and consistent tonal quality's.

So far imo when the LCD-3 is at its best it beats the HE6, but because of its inconstancy's so far I find that to be a real problem with the LCD-3.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #1,694 of 11,521
I don't find it "picky". I would use the word "sensitive". It still sounds good with my portable DAC-amp combo, but sounds a lot better on my home rig. It is much more sensitive to upstream rig IME so far.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,695 of 11,521
Maybe "sensitive" is a better word for what I am describing. Using Blu Ray movie sound tracks that run 90+ min long, there should be real constancy's in how the sound track is mastered and the level of HQ audio (BR of about 5+ mbps). What my problem is that the AQ is sounding very good but then there is a shift towards a overwhelming bass, and also a slow down in how the LCD-3 attacks the tones. Now shifting to music and going from different artists the same thing happens, but that I can chalk up to being "picky".
Of-course this could be caused by ear fatigue or my LCD-3 need more time to break-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back