New Audeze LCD3
Oct 19, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #542 of 11,521
Apparently you get two stock cables with the LCD-3, SE and balanced. Are we sure that the SE cable is not the same as the current stock LCD-2 cable?

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #543 of 11,521

Wish more people would read you.

I might add as a general comment that trully understanding what you (and only you) are looking for when listening to music will help a lot. More self awareness needed and less worry for what other think or do.

Quote:
This. The challenge is to be happy with what you already have.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #545 of 11,521
Quote:
Apparently you get two stock cables with the LCD-3, SE and balanced. Are we sure that the SE cable is not the same as the current stock LCD-2 cable?

Yup, according to their website, it comes default with a balanced and se cable. Not sure of the cable yet. But according to the pic on their site, the cable pictured looks similar to the ADZ-5s.
lcd3-headphone04_0.jpg

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #546 of 11,521

Quote:
What's wrong with the original stock cable?

Stock cable can be improved on in frequency response (lack of skin effect), inductance, resistance and capacitance.  If you don't mind the added weight, an 8 wire cable can reduce resistance and inductance.  And there's ergonomics.
There's nothing really wrong with the stock cable, apart from weight and whether or not you like the effect it has on the sound, of course you are welcome also to believe it has no effect on the sound, but many would agree that it does.
o2smile.gif

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #547 of 11,521
I know some may take offense none is meant. But I remenber in the old days once you got them hooked you could sell them any thing. I have the LCD2 and have them hard wired which makes a marked and better diffrence. I was a little cautious when Audeze sold me my headphones and then with in a short time came out with a headband for 100$ extra oh well I guess I need that to.
Was it worth 100$ NO! But that is cool water under the bridge. Now I have not even had these for a few months and now the lastest thing LCD3 cost 1000$ more then what I paid for my last purchase. I dont think so. When are we going to figure out when someone is getting rich because of our addiction. Say no guys. I am pleased with the LCD2 and even if I was not I refuse to give in to the junkie thought process that says I just got to have the next fix no matter the cost. These guys who sell headphones were most likley drug dealers in another life. I was which is why I know a scammer when I see one.

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #548 of 11,521
well put. I might blow 3k for a LCD 4. But I think I will live with my rev.1 LCD 2 even LCD 3 is better. Since I know there will be stuff coming from Audeze that's better than LCD 3 again.

Quote:
I know some may take offense none is meant. But I remenber in the old days once you got them hooked you could sell them any thing. I have the LCD2 and have them hard wired which makes a marked and better diffrence. I was a little cautious when Audeze sold me my headphones and then with in a short time came out with a headband for 100$ extra oh well I guess I need that to.
Was it worth 100$ NO! But that is cool water under the bridge. Now I have not even had these for a few months and now the lastest thing LCD3 cost 1000$ more then what I paid for my last purchase. I dont think so. When are we going to figure out when someone is getting rich because of our addiction. Say no guys. I am pleased with the LCD2 and even if I was not I refuse to give in to the junkie thought process that says I just got to have the next fix no matter the cost. These guys who sell headphones were most likley drug dealers in another life. I was which is why I know a scammer when I see one.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #549 of 11,521
I completely disagree. I really appreciate the straightforward naming scheme.

Every other manufacturer in the world uses a highly confusing and ever changing naming shceme, with irregular jumps by the hundreds then dozens then single digits, new letters thrown in, taken away. Always considered it pointless.

I like the fact that you can see that LCD-1 is their first headphone, 2 their second, 3 their third and so on.

They should only change the front letters or break the sequence if they go down a significantly different route (electrostatic, dynamic, balanced armature etc).

[EDIT, sorry should have quoted the post I was responding to, it's quite a few up by now]

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #550 of 11,521
I Want to add that in the above post I am not just talking about Audeze. All of the big headphone makers have come out with headphones in the last couple years that are way over the top as far as price is concerned. Could be the times we are in many are trying to get rich at the expense of others. And I know we dont have to buy their products. The real problem is we like alot of the products and the truth is most all cost way to much.Not just the headphones the cables we have to have to make them sound better. And most all those who make these cables and phones know one thing now they have you hooked and you will pay through the nose to have the next best thing. Read the forums it is proof of what I am saying. Dont offend me by making side remarks about my latest purchase sound like any one you know? Just some things to think about in the land of the free. Pretty soon that will all change in fact look around it is changing as we speak. So if you have to keep shelling out the bucks for the next audio fix, Know that those guys who are making these things know time is short to and want to drain that wallet of yours as fast as possible. Buyer beware.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #551 of 11,521
EddieE: isn't the Lcd1 discontinued and was replaced by the lcd2? If there was indeed both lcd1 and lcd2 going through revisions, I'd agree with you. But here I also totally assumed the lcd2 was discontinued just like the lcd1 gave way to the (more expensive) lcd2. Whatsmore Audeze did not even bother bringing an lcd2r2, admitting they were pushing the lcd3. A designer truly interested in selling a range would keep all models and bring them to the show. Here not so much it seems.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #552 of 11,521

Quote:
In as much as I empathize with folks who have recently bought the rev2, it's a little unfair for them to say that they've been cheated.
Had the difference in price been say$200-250, then it would have been understandable if people felt cheated because most of them could have easily added the extra to get the latest and apparently the best Audeze.
Not many can easily afford the rev2 in any case, therefore it's a little strange that most, if not all, could have foregone the rev2 and bought the LCD-3 for almost double the price.

Well then I guess it's just mainly unfair for those who have that kind of money, were willing to pay $2k for Audez'e's latest offering, but were somewhat kept in the dark.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #553 of 11,521
I would've saved longer and bought LCD 3s. Now I have week old R2s.

They could've gotten more money from me but I'm not spending 150 to restock them I can give them 900 more.

Quote:
Well then I guess it's just mainly unfair for those who have that kind of money, were willing to pay $2k for Audez'e's latest offering, but were somewhat kept in the dark.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #554 of 11,521

That would obviously trigger immediate opportunity to compare the LCD-2 and LCD-3, and establish a logical opinion about its strengths and weaknesses.
I believe Audeze would want exactly the opposite - create a irrational hype around a surprising appearance of the successor of a highly appreciated product.

I'm not trying to critisize them, I believe these headphones deserve the hype.

As for the price point - I can't comment because I lost any idea of logical cost-performance ratio, as I already paid twice more than I ever planned, when I bought the LCD-2.
Quote:
EddieE: isn't the Lcd1 discontinued and was replaced by the lcd2? If there was indeed both lcd1 and lcd2 going through revisions, I'd agree with you. But here I also totally assumed the lcd2 was discontinued just like the lcd1 gave way to the (more expensive) lcd2. Whatsmore Audeze did not even bother bringing an lcd2r2, admitting they were pushing the lcd3. A designer truly interested in selling a range would keep all models and bring them to the show. Here not so much it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back