New Audeze LCD3
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #11,356 of 11,521
you get used to it )

carbon headband with a strap increase Comfort...

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #11,357 of 11,521
Would you guys say a Mojo or DX200 would be enough to drive a LCD 3?

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #11,358 of 11,521

I use my lcd3 with a desktop amp, woo wa22. However, I recently had the chance to listen to the lcd3/mojo combo. I was very surprised how this little monster amp could do. I think the mojo can drive the lcd3 quite well. Does the mojo sound as good as the woo wa22, no it doesn't, and it shouldn't. The are 2 different amps and the price bracket is huge. But again, the mojo/lcd3 combo is very, very good. Perhaps you can start with the mojo and in a couple of years from now, add a proper desktop rig.

Mar 5, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #11,359 of 11,521
I use my lcd3 with a desktop amp, woo wa22. However, I recently had the chance to listen to the lcd3/mojo combo. I was very surprised how this little monster amp could do. I think the mojo can drive the lcd3 quite well. Does the mojo sound as good as the woo wa22, no it doesn't, and it shouldn't. The are 2 different amps and the price bracket is huge. But again, the mojo/lcd3 combo is very, very good. Perhaps you can start with the mojo and in a couple of years from now, add a proper desktop rig.

Can you quantify the difference in some form of percentage measurement?

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #11,360 of 11,521

In generaI run my LCD-3s with Asgard 2 and Gumby and they sound magical.  I also run them with Mojo through my iPhone when I do not want to be tethered as much.  They sound excellent with Mojo.  80% as good as with Asgard and Gumby.  

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #11,361 of 11,521
  I am thinking that LCD 3 would be the perfect headphone for me SQ wise but I have had so many issues with comfort.

I owned a LCD 2 a few months back
First, the weight - so heavy. However, I am sure that I'll get adjusted.
Then there was the ear cups hole. I couldn't get my ears to fit in them.
Next, the Fazor design. My ears stick out and the Fazors cut my ears.

Do you guys have any workarounds to these issues?

the carbon fiber headband may help, or  cheper, some extra padding. I used some seat belt padding for kids (with velcro) for a while, but since I installed the cf headband I never felt the need to improve the comfort. They won't become any lighter though (but a few grams), only the weight it's better distributed.

The hole is standard on the lcd line (I had lcd2, 3 and xc),and it's quite wide, if your ear can't fit in, I'm afraid there is little you can do (the hd800 are way wider you could try those)

About the fazor, I had the same problem, I contacted Audeze, they sent me for free some extra cut outs of padding to put internally under the earpads, it takes 5 minutes to do, no tools or glue involved, and it works. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #11,362 of 11,521
I am using the Hifiman Edition X v2 and my ears fit so well in these

Mar 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #11,368 of 11,521

Beautiful, great sounding but also heavy :/

Yes. There is no dissagreance there ha. I do have to say that I have a pair of cans that are of similar weight and got used to it. BUT for some people the Audeze sound isn't worth the weight. Sad thing

I think it's more of a 1 headphone thing. If you own just 1 headphone then LCD is not worth it considering you'll be using it for movies, games etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back