New Audeze LCD3
Oct 10, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #9,691 of 11,521
U will always see people buying those kind of expensive headphones...just look at the abbyss or the sr009, They even have a waiting time..lolz

That's why I am counting on YOU picking up a pair so I can enjoy them vicariously through your reports.....now when the Start-up I just joined hit's it big......well, a Man can dream!
wink_face.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #9,692 of 11,521
That's why I am counting on YOU picking up a pair so I can enjoy them vicariously through your reports.....now when the Start-up I just joined hit's it big......well, a Man can dream!:wink_face:
lolz
Or u could visit a meet to try one out :wink:
But as i said..stranger things happened then me selling my unique code-x to get the new improved lcl3 :D

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #9,693 of 11,521
lolz
Or u could visit a meet to try one out :wink:
But as i said..stranger things happened then me selling my unique code-x to get the new improved lcl3 :D

Visit Amsterdam, listen too your TOTL System......not tempting in the least :hushed:, OK, my Passports up-to-date, there must be a couple Pharmaceutical Firms seeking "Big Data" solutions.......ROAD TRIP✈️!!!!!!!!

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #9,695 of 11,521
New prototype?

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #9,697 of 11,521
Ah ha, looks very nice, can't wait. Will have to sell my LCD-X's, prefer my 3F's anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #9,698 of 11,521
1200ohm? Eesh, they better be super sensitive or we're all going to need 50VRMS amps. :)

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #9,700 of 11,521
Visit Amsterdam, listen too your TOTL System......not tempting in the least :hushed:, OK, my Passports up-to-date, there must be a couple Pharmaceutical Firms seeking "Big Data" solutions.......ROAD TRIP✈️!!!!!!!!

Lolz :gs1000smile:

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #9,702 of 11,521
  Just when I was thinking I could go the T1 way and not LCD wow, please post more info
L3000.gif

I have been listening to the T1 and LCD-3F all the evening so far. I don't have a clear winner. I think it depends of what you like (music style and how you want it represented).

The T1 really shine for acoustic, piano, metal, classical. You have lot of clarity, big sound stage, good instrument separation. You can listen to some track with very busy passage and still here all instrument like if they are playing separately. It's like if there is more then 1 speaker in this headphone. They can be sibilant sometimes.

The LCD-3F is more relaxed. Busy passage don't perform well. Metal music don't sound good. The T1 is like a cristal clear glass, and the LCD-3F it's with a fine layer of vaseline. All the details are there, they are not just as transparent. The bass is deeper and smoother. So the voice sound more natural. Techno music or electro sound pretty dry on the T1, but on the LCD-3F it's very nice. Even at very low volume the LCD bass is full. It's also very fast, I would say nearly as fast as the T1. So jazz, blues, vocal and some classical sound better with the LCD then the T1. The sound stage is bigger then I first expected, with a good amp I would say it's pretty decent, below the T1, but better then the DT-880. They are never sibilant.

Basically they are both really good headphone, very different. If I had to pick one I would go depending of the style of music you listen the most. I feel that the T1 perform better on all style. 

Of course you will need a good dac and good amp with any of them. The DAC is really important since they are very transparent and they will show any weakness you have down the chain.

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #9,703 of 11,521
Another pic from the Z prototype.

Oct 12, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #9,705 of 11,521
So far I just don't see that they could have saved very much weight on this design. Of course for those who had trouble with the Audeze "hot spot" will appreciate the suspension type headband. 

Can those who have actually put a pair on your head please comment? Or are they allowing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back