New Audeze LCD3
Aug 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #6,421 of 11,521
Guys, I am about ready to buy the LCD3s.......just wanted to confirm whether there are still driver issues on new stock?

Many thanks!!!

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #6,422 of 11,521
No issues since March?  I believe.  Basically when the RMA for unveiling came around, everything out the door had the mods.  Whether you buy new or used you can get it updated if for some reason you get old stock.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #6,423 of 11,521
Quote:
No issues since March?  I believe.  Basically when the RMA for unveiling came around, everything out the door had the mods.  Whether you buy new or used you can get it updated if for some reason you get old stock.

Thanks for the reply...just hate buying things and then having to return it because of issues. Great news!!!

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #6,426 of 11,521
Quote:

What a foolish thing to do. What's a worse idea than spending thousands of dollars potentially on the gear and not being able to listen to it? Get the LCD-3, use it with the amp/source you've got and be happy as it will still sound good I guess. If you decide to opt for better gear later you'll appreciate the improvements more than if you had gotten it in the first place. 

Also remember folks that more expensive is not always better. Many sources sound very much the same and it's really all about the components, not the price. Since you can't examine measurements all the time you'll just have to listen. 

This entire hobby is so much crap talking. People tell people to "get this, get that, don't waste your money" etc. Sometimes I start to think everything is about having the most expensive stuff, and not the best sound :p 

No offense of any kind.

smile.gif

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #6,427 of 11,521
Listening to some LCD-3 I have on loan and am in love. Really a fantastic refinement of the LCD-2. Although the soundstage is still rather small I'm really enjoying the heightened detail, additional space around the notes, and overall improvement in detail. Probably not worth 2x the cost of the LCD-2 but damn is it hard to go back now that I've had them on my head for a couple days.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #6,428 of 11,521
A couple of months after selling my original LCD-3, I unexpectedly find myself with another pair on their way (thanks Radio_head!). Despite having developed a strong appreciation for the HD800 as an all-arounder that works as well for rock as for classical, I still found myself missing the LCD-3 in too many listening circumstances. Additionally, I have a Byrston BHA-1 headphone amp on the way and am looking forward to hearing the LCD-3 on what is reported to be a lean yet powerful SS amp.

So here we go again... this audiophile world is a strange one indeed!

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #6,430 of 11,521
Hi everyone. I own a BHSE and SR-009 with a Ayon Skylla 2 DAC. I was thinking of downgrading to a RWA balanced Isabellina and LCD-3. Why? My system is physically very big and I need something smaller to put by my bedside. For those who know both headphones and both setups- I ask, would this change be a huge disappointing let down, moderate let down, an improvement, or equal but different. I would appreciate your comments.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #6,431 of 11,521
Quote:
Hi everyone. I own a BHSE and SR-009 with a Ayon Skylla 2 DAC. I was thinking of downgrading to a RWA balanced Isabellina and LCD-3. Why? My system is physically very big and I need something smaller to put by my bedside. For those who know both headphones and both setups- I ask, would this change be a huge disappointing let down, moderate let down, an improvement, or equal but different. I would appreciate your comments.

Smaller bed.

Aug 26, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #6,433 of 11,521
Quote:

You couldn't go 180 degrees more in the opposite direction w/ that rig and really not remotely equivalent in performance either taking the systems as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back