New Audeze LCD3
Oct 16, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #349 of 11,521
There are a few posts with impressions in the Canjam/RMAF thread.

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #350 of 11,521
Man...even if I get frustrated with Tyll sometimes he always seems to make me laugh. Those faces are awesome. He seems like the Anthony Bourdain of the headphone world to me.

Also, that brown leather is gorgeous. Makes the wood seem like a more logical choice. Oh, and after seeing it in actual photos I like it...

Oct 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #351 of 11,521
Ok the LCD 3 is stunning and worth every last penny of the gap between it and the LCD 2. The detail and refinement put them in another class vs the LCD 2. I spent about 30 minutes with the 3 over two sessions through 3 amps and each time they represented as a top tier headphone.

Funny how just a few short years ago we as a community were up in arms that no statement class headphones were in production now we complain that they are too expensive.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #354 of 11,521
Hey guys, any info on the new cables that will come with the LCD-3s yet?

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #355 of 11,521
Kind reminder:

1. most people considering LCD-3 can probably use a better source more than another set of more-better hi-end cans;

2. hi-end audio is luxury consumption and should be treated as such -- please try not to put off basic consumptions to chase slightly higher audio performance; and

3. given Audeze's track record (multiple cosmetic/sound changes within a single headphone model and episodes of higher-than-normal defective drivers), it might be more cost effective in the long run to wait rather than to rush in right now (I plan to wait at least 6 months before I get one).

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #356 of 11,521

Quote:
Kind reminder:

1. most people considering LCD-3 can probably use a better source more than another set of more-better hi-end cans;

2. hi-end audio is luxury consumption and should be treated as such -- please try not to put off basic consumptions to chase slightly higher audio performance; and

3. given Audeze's track record (multiple cosmetic/sound changes within a single headphone model and episodes of higher-than-normal defective drivers), it might be more cost effective in the long run to wait rather than to rush in right now (I plan to wait at least 6 months before I get one).

i agree with holding off til things settle. i will keep tabs on the impressions from the owners of the first batch.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #357 of 11,521
I know that the LCD-2 had some recessed upper mids.  Did the LCD-3 resolve this?  How are the upper mids on the LCD-3?

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #359 of 11,521

Quote:
I don't think the LCD-2 had recessed upper mids, they just don't have forward upper mids like most headphones.

I would have to agree. I don't think the LCD-2 have recessed mids. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back