Nov 26, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #1,951 of 11,521

Quote:
Yup Just like my name here
biggrin.gif

Nice, I didn't get that before so thanks for 'splaining 
L3000.gif

Nov 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #1,958 of 11,521
Nov 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,960 of 11,521
You guys aren't going to begin to realize the potential of your gear until you spend upwards of $ 67.99 on your listening garb. Inspired by a certain illustrious head-fier, I'm marketing a DIY listening suit kit that consists of a Costco family pack of Kirkland TP, a roll of Scotch Tape and an instructional video.  The beauty of this kit is that it will work with not only any headphone rig, but will also work its magic on your speaker rigs as well.  Here's a sneak peak at the prototype modeled by Brad Pitt, who is donating his services as our official spokesmodel:

You can bet this will be all the rage at the next CanJam.  For an introductory price yet to be disclosed (I'm thinking $5K so I can get myself a passable front end), I'm going to be offering a one-off with a customized silk screened logo that reads, "I Went to CanJam and all I Got Was This Sh**ty Outfit

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #1,961 of 11,521

Quote:
See this link for my opinion using the LCD-3, HE6 and my rigs.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/582279/review-opinion-lcd-3-he6-liquid-fire-and-wa5le#post_7921302

Finally...another person who has similar hearing to mine....

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #1,962 of 11,521
The first step has completed for my Office LCD3 rig - arrival of the Rega Saturn CD player.

Very analog sound. Not as good as my Esoteric K-01 in terms of details, but sounds very natural even only on the SR71B. A big step up over the CLAS.

I called ALO on Friday and I am guessing my Liquid Fire may arrive in two weeks. Let's see what it can do. I also placed an order for the ALO Reference 16 cable and will be able to compare it with my new Norse 6-wire Litz cable, which I find amazing so far.

I am starting to see the light of hearing the LCD3 properly in my office. When I first received the LCD3 on the first day I was quite a bit disappointed connecting to my then office rig (CLAS->SR71B) - until I brought the LCD3 home and listened it on my home rig. I suspect my contemplated office rig still will have a hard time to rival my home setup, but the difference will be more acceptable.

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #1,964 of 11,521

Quote:
Both Enzo and Joe are of Italian descent FWIW.

I remember once asked Joe what it was like to be an Italian married to a German. His reply was:" I am not Italian, I am from Sicily."

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,965 of 11,521

Quote:
I remember once asked Joe what it was like to be an Italian married to a German. His reply was:" I am not Italian, I am from Sicily."

i am from sicily.
i know that joe grado is from north italy.
another place, another language

Users who are viewing this thread

Back