New at Drop: Sennheiser HD 8XX
Sep 14, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #241 of 248
Weird, I wouldn't think that at all -- I would think his opinion was merely an outlier -- that happens.
If we were talking about regular consumers, I’d agree with you. But he is a Sennheiser sponsor. You know what public perception is right? Personally, I think he’s a good dude, and that’s why I encouraged him to tread carefully. Audiophiles are a rabid bunch of wild animals.

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #242 of 248
You're being a bit aggressive imho; i'll make my own decision on these and who I respect. Evshrug's responses have been very measured and respectful. I appreciate your point, but not the giant hammer used to make it.
Aggressive? Maybe lay off the caffeine buddy. Did you see the part where he thanked me? Maybe try and read between the lines. I’m looking out for him and Sennheiser, genius. It’s not Sennheiser’s fault for how Drop decides to tune their headphone…

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #243 of 248
If we were talking about regular consumers, I’d agree with you. But he is a Sennheiser sponsor. You know what public perception is right? Personally, I think he’s a good dude, and that’s why I encouraged him to tread carefully. Audiophiles are a rabid bunch of wild animals.

Yeah, I just... it actually bothers me that people seem to have such crude calculus and jump too quickly to that "shill" conclusion... I am, however, glad that there are naysayers already as it makes the 8XX all the more interesting to me, lol... I've found some controversial cans to be ones I enjoy, for example, the Beyerdynamic T90 and Sennheiser HD 700.

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #244 of 248
It’s gonna happen, I just have to brace myself 😅 There’s an opportunity for me to grow in this, I’m actually a bit of an introvert who tries to become a bit more open… and this is nothing compared to working retail in my last job 😉👍

Edit: And sometimes, it’s easy on the web to get offended, but we can also choose to make the best of a situation. Helping smooth/heal some of the friction between “camps” is also a benefit of the latter method, and I whole heartedly recommend that!

Maybe lay off the caffeine buddy.
OOOH, now I remember I meant to make brownies today! Kinda random, sure, but now you’re making me want to sprinkle a little ground espresso in with the batter and make brownies marbled with coffee 🤤

Edit: I made a pan, and Yep I put in some espresso:
C2B60462-B8AE-4F98-A379-56450B107035.jpeg

Music is like dessert; there are some classics, and you can have favorites, but there are many flavors that can be enjoyable. I’m not saying the HD 8xx is the best or most accurate of the series… but it’s a flavor some may find fun.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #246 of 248
Sep 17, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #247 of 248
Brownies? Maybe. This batch is half gone, and I’m doing my best to take it easy before traveling 😅 If you can’t wait, Duncan Hines is about as good as a box mix can get, easy and good!

Apr 18, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #248 of 248
I didn't want to resurrect this old thread but for any dissatisfied owners there is a light at end of the tunnel in my thread here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back