New Apple IEM Review (feat. ER-6i)
Feb 22, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #196 of 213
I've been comparing these to some ep-630s, and zen aurvanas. I know the aurvanas aren't the best IEMs out there but I generally prefer them to the ep-630s when it comes to classical music (violins sounds more crisp). The new apples are quite clear and crisp for acoustic music however they may seem a little bass light for hip hop and electronic music. It's awkward, but sometimes the zen aurvanas sound like they have more lower-end grunt than the apples, and sometimes the reverse is true. Additionally, I did find the lows on the apple unit improved after about 10hrs of burn-in.

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #197 of 213
Hi guys, I got a pair of ADDIEMs myself coupled with a Fiio E3. I'm looking for alternative tips to the stock ones but I'm having trouble finding the right size that'll fit the ADDIEMs. Can anyone recommend some kind of yard stick to me? e.g. will sleeves for the SE530 or E3C fit mine?

Looking for silicone and foam tips that'll provide better isolation. I managed to find a triple flanged PVC that fitted, but I found it pretty hard to wear it. Still trying though.

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #198 of 213
I have an opportunity to purchase the ADDIEM for $50 Canadian BNIB, which sounds like a decent deal. It's not like I need yet another IEM as I've got plenty (and obviously they'll never get the playing time my 530's get) but the deal seems too good to just pass up. lol.

Must... resist.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #200 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A shirt-clip might help. Sadly, ADDIEM is not amenable for behind-ear wearing. It's that stupid long plastic bit that I'm sure serves some brilliant purpose.

I do wear them behind the ear without any problem (in fact, the fit is even BETTER doing it that way, for me!) if for the fact that the remote is now almost next to my right ear
biggrin.gif
Haven't tried if that affects the mic performance yet tho.

I like their sound. I wasn't expecting much, was going to buy them to use Skype on my iTouch, on the go, but they are better than I thought...

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #201 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by leader288 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I got a pair of ADDIEMs myself coupled with a Fiio E3. I'm looking for alternative tips to the stock ones but I'm having trouble finding the right size that'll fit the ADDIEMs. Can anyone recommend some kind of yard stick to me? e.g. will sleeves for the SE530 or E3C fit mine?

Looking for silicone and foam tips that'll provide better isolation. I managed to find a triple flanged PVC that fitted, but I found it pretty hard to wear it. Still trying though.

Check out the Sony hybrid silicone single flange sleeves ($9 on Amazon). I am using the large (light green sound tube) and they really work well for me. The $9 gets you four sizes.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #202 of 213
Hi, am totally new here. First post, and sorry that it has to be a bump for an old thread.
biggrin.gif

I'm currently using the ADDIEM, had a hard time getting a good fit with their stock silicone tips. Medium works well for my left ear, but it's too big for my right ear. I end up fitting 'M' on the left side and 'S' on the right side.

I was wondering, I know Comply has foam tips specially for the ADDIEM. Has anyone tried it with their ADDIEM? Will the SQ be better compared to the stock silicone tips? I missed my Shure SE110's smooth black foam tips. Comfortable and blocks out outside noiseby quite a lot, unlike the leaky tips of the ADDIEM. Or maybe it's because of the bass port.
confused_face(1).gif

Talking about my long-gone SE110, I honestly think I prefer the ADDIEM over the SE110. The SE110 has better mids, but bass and highs I'm not so sure. The ADDIEM is that little bit more detailed and bassy, which I quite like. The highs are much better than the SE110. So much better, in fact, that I heard certain details that I couldn't hear with my old SE110. Bass is also more audible and thankfully it's tight and controlled. Maybe because, ultimately, the ADDIEM is dual-driver while the SE110 is still single driver after all.

Okay, back to topic, anyone tried the Comply foam tips for the ADDIEM yet?
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #203 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out the Sony hybrid silicone single flange sleeves ($9 on Amazon). I am using the large (light green sound tube) and they really work well for me. The $9 gets you four sizes.

The Sony tips also work great for me.

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #204 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by alleggerita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently using the ADDIEM, had a hard time getting a good fit with their stock silicone tips. Medium works well for my left ear, but it's too big for my right ear. I end up fitting 'M' on the left side and 'S' on the right side.

I'm doing the exact same thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I was wondering, I know Comply has foam tips specially for the ADDIEM. Has anyone tried it with their ADDIEM? Will the SQ be better compared to the stock silicone tips?

I did try the Comply for them. Personally, I didn't get quite a good seal with them, so could never really get to know how they would exactly sound compared to the stock tips. Plus, they are on the expensive side, and there is a website selling Apple's stock tips or like Sinocelt said, the Sony tips also fit very well. Check the "Most Underrated Thread" for the link to Apple's stock tips (the link escapes me at the moment).

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #205 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by alleggerita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, am totally new here. First post, and sorry that it has to be a bump for an old thread.
biggrin.gif

I was wondering, I know Comply has foam tips specially for the ADDIEM. Has anyone tried it with their ADDIEM? Will the SQ be better compared to the stock silicone tips? I missed my Shure SE110's smooth black foam tips. Comfortable and blocks out outside noiseby quite a lot, unlike the leaky tips of the ADDIEM. Or maybe it's because of the bass port.
confused_face(1).gif

Talking about my long-gone SE110, I honestly think I prefer the ADDIEM over the SE110. The SE110 has better mids, but bass and highs I'm not so sure. The ADDIEM is that little bit more detailed and bassy, which I quite like. The highs are much better than the SE110. So much better, in fact, that I heard certain details that I couldn't hear with my old SE110. Bass is also more audible and thankfully it's tight and controlled. Maybe because, ultimately, the ADDIEM is dual-driver while the SE110 is still single driver after all.

Okay, back to topic, anyone tried the Comply foam tips for the ADDIEM yet?
biggrin.gif

I use the T130 foamies, large, with the ADDIEM, and they deliver a good seal. They are made for the Phonak PFEs, and can be purchased from the Audeo PFE site for $13 shipped (3 pair). They are a little rounder than the T140s, which is why they seal better. And as Sinocelt and I have found, the Sony hybrids also seal well and are very comfy (and deliver nice SQ too).

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #206 of 213
Quote:

I use the T130 foamies, large, with the ADDIEM, and they deliver a good seal. They are made for the Phonak PFEs, and can be purchased from the Audeo PFE site for $13 shipped (3 pair). They are a little rounder than the T140s, which is why they seal better. And as Sinocelt and I have found, the Sony hybrids also seal well and are very comfy (and deliver nice SQ too).

I dunno if I can get the Sony hybrids though, because actually I reside in Singapore.
confused_face.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #207 of 213
That could be a problem. Tip buying is really a bad deal for non-CONUS buyers, since they cost so little but shipping is so high. If you have any friends/contacts in the U.S., see if they can get them and ship them. Or maybe you can get them direct from Sony.

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #208 of 213
Quote:

That could be a problem. Tip buying is really a bad deal for non-CONUS buyers, since they cost so little but shipping is so high. If you have any friends/contacts in the U.S., see if they can get them and ship them. Or maybe you can get them direct from Sony.

Depends who you know
wink.gif

I got 3 pairs of Sony Hybrids for about $15 shipped to NZ.
For the Kiwis, call Tradetech.

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #209 of 213
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to it. This is one of only a couple places on the internet where I've been able to find legitimate commentary on the ADDIEMs from people who eat and breathe headphones (ew) and am glad that I've found this diamond in the rough. Again, your help is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back