New apple duel driver earphones, for only $79?
Nov 24, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #46 of 65
The iPhone and iPod Touch firmware was just updated. So was the iPod nano, to support the headphones. I'm thinking these will be released next Tuesday during the normal "Store is down" time. Happy Thanksgiving! Now, do I buy these too even though I just bought the Westone 3s...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #47 of 65
Wow- Apple must have really jacked these up. They were supposed to be released in Oct. Now I would doubt if they make it for the Holiday- as they missed black Friday. For them to miss such a monumental shopping day on what is an ideal Holiday present, I can only imagine that right now they suck beyond all belief.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are for sale now...7-10 days for shipment
Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (U.S.)

I visited the link you gave us. Has anyone noticed the part of the web page where it says:

Quote:

*Compatibility Information

The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models.

So, why is iPhone and iPhone 3G not listed as compatible? It's either a small mistake in the print, or a bigger mistake if it isn't compatible.

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #50 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I visited the link you gave us. Has anyone noticed the part of the web page where it says:

So, why is iPhone and iPhone 3G not listed as compatible? It's either a small mistake in the print, or a bigger mistake if it isn't compatible.

I am almost willing to bet it is a typo no way they would make the mistake not to allow this to work with a iphone

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The new headphones are partially compatible. It seems that the playback (play/pause) and mic will work on the iPhone, but not the volume control.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...e-with-iphone/

might swing by the apple store her in Indy today and see if they are in stock.

Edit: Nix that, they aren't in stock yet here. Maybe by the end of the week. Really do want to try these, but I'm afraid the Westone 3s might have spoiled me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #52 of 65
If anybody manage to get one please get back to us! Have been waiting since October and really want to hear how it performs. Since I don't need uber earpieces these new apple buds, good style, and hopefully good twin driver, considerably cheap, might be just the one I have always been looking for.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #53 of 65
If they live up to other 2 driver iems on the market it will be a HUGE success for apple as they have the ability to undercut and mass produce them which is out of other smaller companies reach

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #55 of 65
Back when they were announced a lot of people thought that Apple had contracted another company to make the headphones for them...is apple making the headphones themselves?

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #56 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, but I don't think too many people buy their audio equipment by how they look, but maybe that's just me.

Yer kidding right? I've been trolling these boards for a couple years and anything with leather, wizbang lights, super glossy, extra thick, reinforced is bound to be a fan favorite.
Sure my B&W speakers sounds great, but they also look damn good too. Its a piece of furniture front and center in my living room. Why shouldn't it look great too?

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:32 PM Post #57 of 65
I'm not going to trust them. The stock earbuds are terrible, they are not worth £20. I think they may just be trying to do what Bose does and play off people's preconception of them. I also would not like to wear them because it makes you an easy target for being mugged, to no fault of apple earbuds-IEMs make my ears bleed and give me infections and I don't want to wear a label like that.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #58 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by baneat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to trust them. The stock earbuds are terrible, they are not worth £20. I think they may just be trying to do what Bose does and play off people's preconception of them. I also would not like to wear them because it makes you an easy target for being mugged, to no fault of apple earbuds-IEMs make my ears bleed and give me infections and I don't want to wear a label like that.

Just curious.....but if IEM make your ears bleed, etc, why even post in this topic? It's like someone giving a negative review of a new BMW because they get motion sickness.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #59 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by intendedacceleration /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious.....but if IEM make your ears bleed, etc, why even post in this topic? It's like someone giving a negative review of a new BMW because they get motion sickness.

Because it's by no means instant. I only found that link recently so it's kind of irrelevant.

Dec 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #60 of 65
Apple's target audience probably couldn't tell the difference between the new ibuds and the IEM at similar price selling in the market. Certainly the stock iBuds don't worth £20 but remember they do come for free with your iPhone and iPods. No one force you to buy them. For most teens out there I bet they sound decent enough. It could be much worst.

Apple is of course notorious for its audio products but let's wait until we get the chance to try. I recall the 1st gen iPod wasn't terribly popular either. I actually consider it a huge FAIL. I hope they redeem their sonic department. (Even if it's likely to be third party's work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back