New apple duel driver earphones, for only $79?
Nov 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #32 of 65
Seriously, when are these coming out. I've been dying for a pair of mid-range IEM's to pair with my iPhone. The damn connector thing for the 1G iPhone is bugging the heck outta me.

I'm ready to buy a pair of HF2's if these don't come out soon.

Nov 4, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:

New apple duel driver earphones, for only $79?

you mean dual?

Single drivers FTW!

Nov 8, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #34 of 65
I'm beginning to wonder did Apple cancel the product altogether.
frown.gif

Remember, this new in-ear headphone is entering a crowded market already dominated by JVC, Panasonic and Sony on the low end and Etymotics Research, Shure, Ultimate Ears and Westone on the high end (not to mention Sennheiser across the price spectrum). Given the current economic situation, if production has not started Apple could cancel selling this product and instead offer a discount voucher for a third-party in-ear headphone to anyone who has registered their iPods with Apple.

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #35 of 65
If they are cancelled, they wouln't be still on apple website.
For sure they will come out, sooner or later. But this delay is really interesting. It means that, there are some problems with these headphones. Hardly to say what exactly, it can be some techical problem ...or financial (some other company is making them for Apple).

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #37 of 65
I love apple stuff, but they are in over their head right now in new products and their core stuff is suffering. My second imac (most recent version) blows compared to my last one and its got more of everything... ram. etc. Freezes all the time, slow and itunes is like running it on a Windows Computer

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #38 of 65
I can see these being pretty good. You may think that at that price they couldn't be but rememeber Apple is a huge company with more buying power than any of the IEM manufacturers out there. So even if they are not making the B/A's themselves then you can bet they're getting thme for a song. And the cord and housing technologies are already in-house and proven so it would stand to reason that Apple could make a good pair of Dual B/A's for less than the others. Also the Ibuds main fault is thier lack of seal. Many feel the SQ is pretty damned good for a throw-away.

I will get them just cause "Enquiring Minds Want To Know"

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also the Ibuds main fault is thier lack of seal. Many feel the SQ is pretty damned good for a throw-away.

Really? "For a throw-away", maybe... That said, I do defend the stock iBuds that come with the new iPods/iPhone. They're not half bad.

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh. These look like they are going to be really crappy.

I'm not sure, but I don't think too many people buy their audio equipment by how they look, but maybe that's just me.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #42 of 65
The poor sound quality of the "iBuds" is the reason why there is a thriving market for third-party headphones for iPod users.

I'm using my UE super.fi 3 Studio right now, and while it does lack deep bass it makes up for its with crystal clear midrange and treble, which means very good sound quality unamped out of my 3G iPod nano.
smily_headphones1.gif
And best of all, the SF3 is very efficient (just like the Sennheiser CX500), so you don't need to crank up the volume just to get decent sound levels.

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #45 of 65
Just get the new Nuforce NE-7M buds for $49 (with mic and controller for iPhone and new Nano/2G Touch) and have something much better, and as good as any $150 IEM I have tried. (see my review).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back