New apple duel driver earphones, for only $79?
Oct 21, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #19 of 65
I just love reading people bash something that they have never even set their eyes on, let alone heard.

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #20 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi211 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll wait until they actually come out and reserve judgement on the sound quality. They just might surprise some folks. They may turn out to be a great buy for $79.

Agreed, I will reserve final judgment until I have heard these 'phones. I don't think I will be the first to buy them, though, I'll wait till one of my friends gets a pair (which I'm sure they will) and if they knock my socks off, might buy some but I think the inline volume control and mic would bug me, just my personal taste.

Here's a pic of them:
11a8vx2.jpg

They seem to only have one sound tube, as well, and from my understanding of how these headphones work, dual driver earphones with single sound tubes suffer phase distortion..

Never the less, I would still like to see what they sound like..

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #22 of 65
as long as they sound good, i wouldnt mind paying $79. plus, i think they look pretty nice.
build-quality-wise, i am not too worried. from my exprience, ibuds' build-quality is pretty darn good. i've been wearing a pair of ibuds in my bed almost every day for over 2 years, and theyre still good.

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #23 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the last time I checked, the SE530s have one exit tube. The custom mold designs usually have two exits per ear.

this isnt fact but i believe all the talk about dual tubes correcting phase distortion is balony because when the sound exits the tubes if phasing is going to go wrong it will happen in your ear canal wether it happened in the earphones or not.

i think its just another selling point and i reckon it really dont matter how many tubes there are. and just to point out the shure se530 does actually seperate the drivers sound with 2 tubes all the way up to the actual exit tube.

this may be just me imagining things but i cannot tell if dual tubes makes a difference, in fact id say the triple fi 10 which uses dual tubes is more out of phase than the shure se530.

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #25 of 65
No issue with Apple cables, over here.

I like how you blame it on apple in your first sentence and then blame it on yourself in your last.

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #26 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No issue with Apple cables, over here.

I like how you blame it on apple in your first sentence and then blame it on yourself in your last.

biggrin.gif
that made me smile aswell its like me saying that shures cables are crap and always crack, then saying that i shouldnt really chew on them but they taste good.

dont tug on your cables dude and they should be fine
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #27 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only time a single driver can actually sound better than multi drivers is when something is compromised, example: bass.

now let me explain, the sa6 which ive seen you praise in every thread is a mild exception because it tries to improve bass with ports. but the shure se310 uses a port among others but in reality no port will ever be as good as an extra driver solely used for bass. this is why 90% of single driver earphones lacks bass, um1, ety er4, super fi 3, etc etc, all use single armatures and all lack real bass. i mean what do you think would happen if the manufacturers boosted the bass, and ill answer...the mids and highs would be ruined, hence the need for more drivers.

the only single drivers that can manage on thier own when tuned correctly is dynamic drivers, hence manufacturers are starting to use dynamic drivers for high end single driver earpeices, imho single armatures really dont work all that well, the sa6 is a minor blip that is at least trying to give a single armature a fuller sound but again using ports is no substitute for that extra driver

Sorry, but my Image X10 have one driver killer bass and sound better than most other universal IEM I have tried (except westone 3 blew me away).

With proper placement in the ears they have a nice sparkle to the treble to go along with the pounding bass and rich mids. They rival my 3 driver Freq Show and I actually use the Klipsch more than the Freq Show, while I still prefer my 2-driver Livewires over both of them. The number of drivers doesn't matter - it the design that count. Also, I still have my Denon C700 single driver dynamic and the Klispsch crush them for sound.

Oct 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #28 of 65
Westone 3 is out???

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 23, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #29 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by zach915m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone 3 is out???

No. I live not too far from Westone's headquarters, and Sept 2007 stopped by there with my impressions for UM-56 custom earphone tips. Powderhound was there but Dale let me try the Westone 3 (winner) and compare them to my SE530 (loser).

Oct 23, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #30 of 65
The Sleek Audio SA6 IEMs are wonderful headphones for a good price.

But to say that they even slightly come close to the UE10's (don't own the 11's) is just not true.

If that were the case, then every member on Head-Fi should own a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back