New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Dec 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #886 of 1,351
This week I'll publish my L5Pro review 
wink.gif

Dec 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #888 of 1,351
  This week I'll publish my L5Pro review 
wink.gif

I've been waiting for more mature firmware.  Should we publish now based on what we have?

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #889 of 1,351

I've been waiting for more mature firmware.  Should we publish now based on what we have?

I decided that the L5Pro with the latest FW is mature enough to do the review. Besides, I can't keep waiting for swiping, usb dac functionality and the other stuff but they will be mentioned as missing in the review. Once they're fixed, I'll update the review.

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #891 of 1,351
Thanks John - I've been patiently waiting, and this is really the only reason I haven't reviewed it yet.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #894 of 1,351
John

Are you actually testing new Beta firmware now - or has there been any hint at what is actually on the horizon?

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #896 of 1,351
I'm very surprised to see swiping isn't a priority. to me it's one of the basics of a touch screen. This is severely limiting the user friendliness of this DAP.

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #899 of 1,351
  I'm very surprised to see swiping isn't a priority. to me it's one of the basics of a touch screen. This is severely limiting the user friendliness of this DAP.

I agree it is very nice to have.

But it would take too much resources away from fulfilling features such as USB DAC, customized EQ, play list, and gap-less.

I wouldn't be expecting this feature to be complete any time soon.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #900 of 1,351
HI everyone,

New to the forums but not as a reader of the knowledge and expertise that you guys provide on this site. I just got my L5 Pro yesterday and I have one issue that may or may not be an issue at all. The 3.5mm jack is really a pain to deal with, unlike most players and other devices I've used, this one is not smooth at all. I can plug in my cable 3/4 of the way in without an issue than I have to apply a lot of force to plug it in fully and it takes equal amount of force to extract the plug. Has anyone had this experience before? I'm concerned this may cause issue down the road and since I just purchased it, the seller can still help me out here. Don't want to break the plug or anything like that or damage my cable etc.

Ps. I bought this from Shenzhenaudio and they delivered this baby in 7 days from day of placing the order to arrival to my house in the US - that's awesome on my books!

thanks for the help in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back