New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM AK4490, touch screen, rosewood blackplate
Dec 15, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #948 of 1,351
yes, but considering it's l&p, the l3 could have not so shabby sound even comparing to the l5 pro. more importantly, it could have swiping enabled out of the box.

the forthcoming 'Bright side' would be L&P implement the later, probably better FW to the L5 Pro
popcorn.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #953 of 1,351
yes, but considering it's l&p, the l3 could have not so shabby sound even comparing to the l5 pro. more importantly, it could have swiping enabled out of the box.

What's great about L&P developing their own software OS is that they can interchange the coding behind as long as the hardware allows them to. You can see that when new features get implemented on L5 Pro, there will be the same updates on LP5 soon after. 

I guess new features on L3 will get ported on L5 Pro too most likely.

PS. I think it will not be just "not so shabby"

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #955 of 1,351
hmmm, i understand that it could be hard to implement swipe, but how about long press? i did not notice it utilized long press on l5 pro when i tried a demo. long press on a folder to show action options.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #956 of 1,351
  hmmm, i understand that it could be hard to implement swipe, but how about long press? i did not notice it utilized long press on l5 pro when i tried a demo. long press on a folder to show action options.

Yes, I think this have been thought of.

Hopefully we get a new firmware to play with on Christmas holiday.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #957 of 1,351
I just noticed something interesting with L5 Pro. When it is plugged into PC and charging, I think it is drawing power from the USB port to power the device. I heard an increase of current noises in the sound. Once unplugged, the noises are gone.

Wonder if it would sound better than battery when plugged into good USB power source.
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #958 of 1,351
I just noticed something interesting with L5 Pro. When it is plugged into PC and charging, I think it is drawing power from the USB port to power the device. I heard an increase of current noises in the sound. Once unplugged, the noises are gone.

Wonder if it would sound better than battery when plugged into good USB power source.:wink:

Here you go, Jitterbug: http://www.head-fi.org/t/777003/review-of-audioquest-jitterbug-usb-data-power-noise-filter

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #959 of 1,351
My L5P shuts down automatically after playing one music file complete, without switch to play next file.
this phenomena happens when screen is off. 
If screen is on at the moment music end, then it switch to play next file.

It seems to happens only while playing .flac file with 24bit 192Khz
It doesn't happen with mp3,dsd file and other flac 24bit 96Khz
but this might not be the cause.

any suggestion to avoid this?

Oh! and I also find now that when unit is connected to PC with USB cable, It does not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back