New and have some Questions!
Dec 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ElusiveEddie

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone! New to this site as you can tell, but picked up my first set of crappy 3 dollar IEM's a few weeks ago and have been hooked ever since =)  Have checked countless hours of reviews and bought lots of cheap and on-sale lower quality phones and am ready to purchase some better ones. My question is this... I own a blackberry bold 9700 and run all my music from it. What kind of output does it have? Will a high quality IEM like an xba-4 (which I am considering the most right now) work well with it? Also... has anyone had issues with tinitis, or know someone who has? Any suggestions with possible treatments?

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 5
Hello Eddie, my name is Eddie too lol I would get the xba3 instead of the 4 if I had to pick, because the 4 is huge, costs more, and doesnt show much inprovement and according to some members here it sounds worse. I would look at offerings from other brands such as westone, shure etymotic etc just let us know what you will be using them for. I would use a music player lets say ipod touch for music because I notice my music starts sounding bad if my headphones' impredance is higher than 16ohms if I use my phone which is a galaxy i9100

You also get a variety of tips, better cabling, removable/replacable cable from other brands

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanx for the advice! theres a store here offering xba4'z for $199 bux and am goin to seriously consider em, based on all the reviews I have done here, particularily the wonderful review by  a_recording. Seems either people love them or hate them. I wish I did have some advice on my BB Bold... On a side note, I did some research and found out the Ink'd's by skullcandy are wonderful for the price of $19.99. Have tried them and found the base only as good as advertised if the seal was perfect: Or, shoved/pushed them or held them against my ears... Does anyone have any input as to the blackberry Bold 9700's output in relation to higher end earbuds? plse let me know!

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #4 of 5
If you want to get a decent source other then your Blackberry look into buying a Sansa Clip+ or Clip Zip then install rockbox on it. Do some searches on those players, I believe it may possibly surpass your phone in sound quality. I also suggest going for XBA3 over XBA4 due to what I've read regarding both models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back