New amp from JDS Labs
Jul 6, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 54
FYI:

Mab1376 says:
July 4, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Will the op amp be changeable or will it be soldered on? looking at the pictures it seems like there isn’t a DIP8 socket as there is on the cMoyBB.

jseaber says:
July 5, 2011 at 3:38 am

All opamps are soldered to the board (SOIC-8). We’ll be releasing the enclosure as an open design. This means:
1) We can design more products in the same, thin enclosure. If there’s demand for DIP-8 sockets in a thin portable amp, we’ll do it.
2) DIY’ers will finally have access to a thin case designed for portable audio!

Mab1376 says:
July 5, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Have you finalized which op amp you will be using on the retail version?
If so which one are you going to go with?

jseaber says:
July 5, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Yes, the main opamp is finalized and will be announced with the official release. It’s an expensive chip.
icon_smile.gif

^^^^
Maybe hes implying OPA627AU?

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #33 of 54
Jul 26, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #35 of 54
John, if the country doesn't default and/or the president doesn't take away social security, the first thing I'm going to buy with my next check is your cMoyBB. It works ok with the Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AKG K701 correct?

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #38 of 54
I was going to pull the pin on a v2.03 but I think that I'll wait for the new unit.  I can always buy the v2.03 later if I don't like the new unit and as John has stated,  they will be continuing on with the V2.03..

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #39 of 54
C421 is delayed another month due to a major error by the enclosure manufacturing shop. The president of the company called twice to apologize. It's very disappointing and surprising, considering they've dealt with Fortune 100 companies.

We're using the extra time for "11th hour" circuit tweaks
regular_smile%20.gif

Edit: Manufacturing is almost back on track, thanks to an awesome southern company (fired the first guys). I'll be driving to the aluminum extrusion plant in about 4 weeks to inspect samples. Pictures will follow if they allow!

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #40 of 54
Sorry to hear about this John....
Maybe it is better this way so as you have some extra time to do your magic tricks..
Also i would like to thank you for the U2/U3 chips that you send me some days ago for my Cmoy..
I am still looking for a guy to solder them...
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #43 of 54
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #44 of 54
Check post #39 for last week's update. Enclosure samples are due for our inspection in about 3 weeks, with final delivery due in late September.

The main opamp has changed again (rail-to-rail). Also making minor adjustments to the bass boost curve, "high" gain, and power circuitry. PCB production only takes 3 weeks, so that will be put off until we approve the enclosure samples. A pre-order page will go live then.

There's a possibility we'll add hidden, user-adjustable features to the PCB.

Quote:
any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back