cd_brad_mehldau_highway_rider.jpg

Stunning, genre-bending stuff.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #123 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got this...

cd_brad_mehldau_highway_rider.jpg

Stunning, genre-bending stuff.

A very nice album, like it a lot. If you like this, you might also want to check out his album Largo from 2002 (includes an amazing version of Paranoid Android)

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #124 of 202

The new Eluvium album, Similes, is amazing! His best album in my opinion. If you're a fan of Sigur Ros or Helios, or atmospheric, soundtrack type stuff, you should check it out! I also think it has one of the best album covers of all time!

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #125 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by falang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Beach House album, Teen Dream?

So good, I agree. I like it a lot better than their previous album, which is good, but I have only listened to it a handful of times because it always puts me into this cloudy stupor that is not very pleasant. This one is just better songwriting, IMO

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #126 of 202
The Gaslight Anthem - Sink or Swim
XO0009CD.jpg

I really love these guys. In my opinion they are what the killers could and should have been ahah. This is a solid album, a bit more rock than the '59 Sound. I still like The '59 sound a whole lot more and I refer to it as Sams Town V.2 but this new one is growning one me and may well be up there with The '59 sound in weeks to come.

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #127 of 202
Sink or Swim is actually their debut, from '07. Their new album is American Slang, but it isn't out yet.

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #128 of 202
[size=xx-small]Suzanne Vega - Close-Up Vol. 1, Love Songs[/size]

51DN5WGLfEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Drops May 18th.

Mmmmm...acoustic goodness!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #130 of 202
In the Electronic World I am chiefly waiting for;

Pendulum - Immersion (due 24th May)
Chemical Brother's - Further (due 7th June)

Having heard preview tracks from them both they sound very promising, In fact from a pendulum dj set recently I have heard most tracks off that album.

I did also order the above album recently and that should be here tomorrow so I could say i'm looking forward to that too.

There's a hell of a lot of good music around at the moment...

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #132 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
up-Kollaps_Tradixionales.jpg

Kollaps Tradixionales - Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band

Is it just me or is Thee Silver Mount Zion better than God Speed you Black Emperor?

I Built Myself a Metal Bird is definitely my favorite on the album. I don't know, I really enjoy both but Godspeed just takes the win for me. Really excited about their announced tour after their huge hiatus.

Delorean-subiza-298x300.jpg

As for me, my favorite release of 2010 so far is Delorean's Subiza.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #133 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus_C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the Electronic World I am chiefly waiting for;

Pendulum - Immersion (due 24th May)
Chemical Brother's - Further (due 7th June)

Having heard preview tracks from them both they sound very promising, In fact from a pendulum dj set recently I have heard most tracks off that album.

I did also order the above album recently and that should be here tomorrow so I could say i'm looking forward to that too.

There's a hell of a lot of good music around at the moment...

I didn't even realize pendulum had something in the works! Definitely keepingmy ears open for that.

LCD Soundsystem-"This Is Happening" May 17th. Apparently James murphy's last album as LCD.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #134 of 202
Just picked up the new MGMT "Congratulations" limited edition with coin inside.

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #135 of 202
Quote:

Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kollaps Tradixionales - Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band

Is it just me or is Thee Silver Mount Zion better than God Speed you Black Emperor?

lolno. But still amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back