New album releases in 2010 - Update/discussion thread
May 13, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #166 of 202
I like the New The Dead Weather. Very polished for experimental. Great dynamics. Been a fan since day 1.

May 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #167 of 202
I'm really liking the new album by The National, "High Violet." This band has progressed and matured nicely. "High Violet" might be my favorite so far this year. I'm also favorably impressed by both recent releases from Sin Ropas; "Fire Prizes," and "Holy Broken." "Sigh No More" (Mumford & Sons), "Realism" (Magnetic Fields), and "Heligoland" (Massive Attack) are right up there as well.

May 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #169 of 202
As good as New Magnetic Wonder? I've been wondering about the new AIS. They are so sugary sweet, I can only take them in small doses usually. Well, I did play out he formerly mentioned album, which had a nice track name energy no less.

May 15, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #170 of 202
Less punk and more pop this time around, more dancy/disco. Bigtime hooks and catchy tunes abound. I like it more than New Magnetic Wonder, but since they're pretty different that might not be the case for everyone.

Jun 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #171 of 202

”White Magic” by ceo

​
 ​
ceo arises in 1981 and 1891. in 3064 and tomorrow. after ibrahimovic and before nectanebo II. before the dark ages and after spring break. before time was, ceo is.

ceo arises in miami, hell, holzschlag, the andes, sparta, chianti and wall street. in the antennae galaxies, kungsmässan, flushing meadows and the mariana trench. before space was, ceo is.

you may call me sophia, yukio, fanta, eric, kiki and krishna. and wii and whitney.

ceo is the photosynthesis and an aria, it is silence and virginity lost in a gang bang.
ceo is a bird in space and ceo is the space in a bird.
ceo is saliva, patrón, november rain and panic. it is a relief, a citrine and it is broken dreams.
ceo is the harlot, the prince the snake and the shaman. in a spyker c8 laviolette. and on a mirage.
ceo is raspberries and chlamydia, it is the shadow and it is a clapping game.
ceo is auroras and charlotte casiraghi. it is laser beams and a home by the ocean.
ceo is a lost love and rihanna's voice. it is hibernation, the spectacle and every breath you take.
ceo is platinum and it is valium, it is a quasar and it is a lie. ceo is a breech forest and a slamdunk.
ceo is the ashanti and ceo is seinfeld. it is eucalyptus, neon and a smile.
ceo is a war zone and a sanctuary. it is dukkha, dilla and the body of light.
ceo is cashmere, sweat, zooxanthellae and a stiletto. it is implosion technology and it is the match point.

ceo is you and you are me and i am ceo.

in eternity.
 ​
http://vimeo.com/12077255​
 ​
Droool! Out in the end of June...

Jun 15, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #172 of 202
Just got AM Taxi from Amazon, Picked up RATATAT LP-4 last week. Good CD

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #174 of 202
Caribou's Swim is really good.

And I never really got into previous albums, but I've really come to like One Life Stand by Hot Chip.  It could of course be the repeated viewings of I Feel Better.

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #176 of 202
Not really a fan of rap, but I Recovery is definitely some good stuff. Best CD from Em in a long time.

"Going through changes" is some raw stuff.

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #179 of 202
Sheryl Crow - 100 Miles From Memphis  (drops July 20th)

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #180 of 202
Im listening to "Inmersion" by Pendulum...these aussies know how to make music. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back