New AKG Line: QPhones w/ Quincy Jones
Mar 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

jefemeister

Headphoneus Supremus
Just received this today, there's not much info on them out there yet.

Product News
Quincy Jones sports distinctive AKG headphones during We Are The World remake
03 March 2010

Famed producer Quincy Jones brought a galaxy of stars together once again to recreate the classic “We Are The World” charity hit to help raise funds for the Haiti earthquake relief effort.

The song and video were officially launched during the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics. Attentive viewers would have seen Quincy wearing a pair of white headphones – a preview of a soon-to-be-released line of AKG headphones designed in conjunction with Quincy.

The project will bring two GRAMMY Award winners together to offer a line of “QPhones”. Products envisioned will include models ranging from the professional studio quality over-ear headphones to earbuds for more portable applications.

QPhones will make their appearance this spring, so watch out for more details.

In the meantime, check out the video on YouTube, and download the song at Official Site of We Are The World 25 For Haiti to donate.

YouTube - wearetheworld's Channel

edit: Here's a picture:

jefemeister-albums-stuff-picture4899-akg-qphones.jpg

jefemeister-albums-stuff-picture4900-2.jpg

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 31
Interesting... I guess. They could be called James Brown headphones, even though I regard him as somewhat sacred for his old Funk I really dislike this kind of marketing regardless of who initiated it.

Hopefully the headphones will be just as good as Quincy Jones' best productions.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully the headphones will be just as good as Quincy Jones' best productions.

that almost sounds like a tagline from a pamphlet advertising these headphones.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 31
Aha, so the pamphlets already exist? Then again, it is rather tempting as a 'marketeer' to refer to the music Quincy Jones made/produced.

Marketing...

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 31
Cmon Quincy, should have complained about that headband!

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 31
Well, not necessarily. Maybe they rerouted it to the right? Few single ended ones DO lead out from the right side, although AKG historically has been all left side I believe.

I see that the retard bumps remain. Geez, what's so wrong with just leaving it flat like a K601 or K5xx, K4xx, and K2xx series? My K271 headband is easily the most comfortable headband I own...

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 31
I wonder if this will include the alleged "K701 successor", or just another bunch of rebrands for the same stuff;

"Oh hey, let's put the cable on the right side instead of the left, colour the grey bits black, and add an AKG badge to the ear-cups."

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 31
Does it look to anyone else that the cord is actually a standard cable with 1/4" plug? In the pic the wire looks green and there's a large shiny termination.

I would hope that an AKG / Quincy Jones collaboration would be a little higher quality and more serious than Monster and Dr. Dre. It would actually make sense if this is the K701 successor. What better way to expand the market of a flagship product than to put some mass-consumer appeal behind it while still maintaining a professional image.

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #11 of 31
New AKG product is fantastic!!
It is interested very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back