New AKG K601 and K701 coming to HeadRoom
Feb 9, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #242 of 329
It's definitely not enough to fill our backorders. I can't tell you exactly how many we have on order right now but AKG does feel confident that we will fill all of our current backorders by the end of the month. We will not be receiving the K701's tomorrow unless AKG happens to upgrade our shipping for free. We would not have been able to offer such a good price if I would have specified overnight shipping. They should be arriving early next week. I'll be sure to let you know when they arrive. We will be making sure our orders are filled in the order they received. At this time, I cannot guarantee my ability to tell you if you'll make this shipment. I'll try to find out tomorrow what the order date will be for the cutoff. In the meantime, if you want to send me an e-mail, I'll do my best to check on your place in line. I'm not as quick to respond to private message so please send your request to jamey@headphone.com. Include the name that your order will be shipping to.

Much appreciated,
Jamey

Feb 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #244 of 329
Is your current price on the K701 just an intro price or will that be staying around for a while?

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #245 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
We will be filling orders made before December 10th.

so mine should be shipped.
biggrin.gif

I ordered on Nov.16.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #246 of 329
Our current price is just that... current..

Our vendors change their price frequently so I can't guarantee how long it will stay at that price. They do offer deals from time to time and we try to turn that over to the customer.

Feb 13, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #247 of 329
Well, AKG dropped the ball again and didn't get them shipped as promised but, they did finally get shipped and I have virtual proof in the form of tracking #'s,

Feb 14, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #249 of 329
They're on the truck and should arrive on Thursday hopefully in time for shipment that day. Oh boy, here comes the onrush of overnight shipping request.
k1000smile.gif
Hey, where's that K701 smile?

Feb 15, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #251 of 329
Quote:

Oh boy, here comes the onrush of overnight shipping request

ahem... speaking of which.... eh, i'll just call you in the morning
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #252 of 329
Quote:

They're on the truck and should arrive on Thursday hopefully in time for shipment that day. ...

Now that that's out of the way... when's the next shipment due??? Some of us ordered after Dec. 10, ya know!
icon10.gif

Feb 17, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #253 of 329
Ha, the K701's are in da house! Thanks Jamey/Headroom for getting them out to me so quick....too quick actually
wink.gif
because I wanted to add a cable to my order.

Unfortunately, I have to rush out the door and won't be able to listen to them all weekend. It should be mostly broken-in by the time I get back.

Feb 17, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #254 of 329
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Unfortunately, I have to rush out the door and won't be able to listen to them all weekend. It should be mostly broken-in by the time I get back.

If you're talking of one weekend: that's by far not long enough. And consider that break-in (apart from driver movement) also implies wearing in the earpads! Softer pads means closer driver placement means fuller sound...
attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back