New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Oct 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #364 of 517
Well I'm just especially interested to find out if the AKGs will have more forward mids compared to M100, this is my major concern with M100, I don't fear discomfort issues with M100 as I'm the guy that just do my own modding to take care of any issues. I must say I like the design of these AKGs very much though, I'm a functionality > style guy and the AKGs have more reasonable sized cups that seems to be neither too large nor too small, just right to fit around 95%+'s ears without any issues.

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #365 of 517
Quote:
Well I'm just especially interested to find out if the AKGs will have more forward mids compared to M100, this is my major concern with M100, I don't fear discomfort issues with M100 as I'm the guy that just do my own modding to take care of any issues. I must say I like the design of these AKGs very much though, I'm a functionality > style guy and the AKGs have more reasonable sized cups that seems to be neither too large nor too small, just right to fit around 95%+'s ears without any issues.

I love the K267's headband style so much. What a genius idea to increase surface area to something of that of a baseball cap to distribute weight. I also found it weird that much large phones (LCD-3, et cetera) have such small surface area for the headband while the cups are huge.

I never got the split headband style of something like the Momentum. Why make two small contact points instead of one large one?

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #366 of 517
You know, as much as I like to rag on AKG I do have to admit their headphones for me have always been appealing. The Q701 K550 and the K272 HD are real lookers. I know some people would call those AKG's geeky looking but eh who cares. Glad to see this new headphone didn't stray to far from the general design aesthetics of the AKG line.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #367 of 517
I also love the padding style on these - it gives it a feel of quality. Let's just hope it works.

Anyway - would it be alright if I make an AKG K267 Appreciation thread once they're released in a week? (November 7th) Apparently that is the date they are being shipped to retailers. I think it needs its own thread because it's so different from the 67 and 167.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #368 of 517
I got a chance for a short listen comparing the K550's with the K167's. The 550's seemed more balanced and may be too light in the bass for some. The 167's sounded like the 550's with a greater bass response. I only listened for a short time, but I really liked the 167's from what I heard. Can't wait to try the 267's.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #369 of 517
Quote:
I got a chance for a short listen comparing the K550's with the K167's. The 550's seemed more balanced and may be too light in the bass for some. The 167's sounded like the 550's with a greater bass response. I only listened for a short time, but I really liked the 167's from what I heard. Can't wait to try the 267's.

Yeah, I'm lovin' this. This is what I wanted in the first place. The K550 with better bass punch and a detachable cable. With the K267 being a higher up model, with adjustable bass and better padding - I can see that being true.

I'm getting more and more pumped for these.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #375 of 517
At the risk of hijacking this thread- I just got a pair of the Beats Mixr's and I must say they're not too bad. Certainly worth auditioning. PPl who like big bass will like them, and the highs are better on these than the Pro's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back