New AKG 81DJ !
Jul 26, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by iQEM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, they did'nt match my cell,... But all I can say, with the little I know, it's that I dunno any cellphone who give you a nice sound as a source... Even a cheap MP3 can make better, except if you have a special phone, who's nice as a source

Anyway, I removed the thick screen foams, and the sound is now better, Thanks for the advice !

I love the K81s without the foams, makes everything more crisp. Another mod you should try out is the blutak mod, which means buying some adhesive putty and sticking it to the cups on the headphones. Makes the bass less muddy and cleans the sound up. Bass is more defined, but quantity is not sacrificed, so it's still great to listen to. If you plan on recabling, a good cheap choice would be some SPC (Silver Plated Copper) cable; it does wonders for the K81s.

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 37
Thanks Meloncoly, I'll try to find some place in France to buy some SPC cable then
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meloncoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K81s are not too efficient, so it would probably not be a good choice for your cellphone. It will still be good, but not "great". Try the Portapros or the PX100 instead, but the K81s are still a good choice.

first, thx alot for all the info's but i found that PX100 are not good with my cellphone, not yet tryin Portapro, K24p are better from PX100...then K26p are great, but i want an upgrade to K81dj...
rolleyes.gif
so does any of you guys had both of em (K26p & K81dj), that had used em for listening music with a cellphones ?
confused.gif
for example, on motorola A1000 or other ? so which one are match with your cellphone, thx before...
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Popol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Meloncoly, I'll try to find some place in France to buy some SPC cable then
wink.gif

Check Ebay, usually a good source to try to find some. Also, if you ever need help, the DIY section is THE PLACE to go to, very helpful people, as long as you try.

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

first, thx alot for all the info's but i found that PX100 are not good with my cellphone, not yet tryin Portapro, K24p are better from PX100...then K26p are great, but i want an upgrade to K81dj...
rolleyes.gif
so does any of you guys had both of em (K26p & K81dj), that had used em for listening music with a cellphones ?
confused.gif
for example, on motorola A1000 or other ? so which one are match with your cellphone, thx before...
biggrin.gif

What about an amp? It'll broaden your choices. I had the JBL Ref 510 NC headphones (based on K26p). They were horrid, so I promptly returned them. The K81DJ is much better.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about an amp? It'll broaden your choices. I had the JBL Ref 510 NC headphones (based on K26p). They were horrid, so I promptly returned them. The K81DJ is much better.

so basically K81dj are good upgrade from K26p ? is it a must using an amp for K81dj ? how about using it without an amp, thx...
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

so basically K81dj are good upgrade from K26p ? it's a must using an amp ? how about using it without an amp, thx...
wink.gif

k26p are commonly referred to as junk headphones. I wouldnt even take em for free. Well, maybe I would, but with all honesty I would only try them once and then they would get stuffed into a droor forever. I think the k81's are pretty sweet for the money if you're into crazy bass. They're fun headphones. Just make sure you remove the extra pads (as someone else mentioned). It makes them sound much much better without that extra padding in there.

Jul 27, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

so basically K81dj are good upgrade from K26p ? is it a must using an amp for K81dj ? how about using it without an amp, thx...
wink.gif

Yes.

No, but I've never used a cell to play music, so I have no idea what cells are capable of.

w/o an amp I would say you get the majority of the K81 that way...if cells are comparable to standard DAP players like Sansa, iPod, etc.

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
k26p are commonly referred to as junk headphones. I wouldnt even take em for free. Well, maybe I would, but with all honesty I would only try them once and then they would get stuffed into a droor forever. I think the k81's are pretty sweet for the money if you're into crazy bass. They're fun headphones. Just make sure you remove the extra pads (as someone else mentioned). It makes them sound much much better without that extra padding in there.

thank's for the reply...K26p not a junk headphone (to me), it's match with my need and my music (and ofcourse, my wallet!)...i'm plan to upgrade to K81dj cos some friend of mine gonna buy my K26p as an upgrade from K24p (ex mine too...
tongue.gif
) K81dj on my country are more expensives than K26p or K27i...that's i didn't buy it at the first time i try AKG phones...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #27 of 37
I'm thinking of getting these too if I can find one here in the PI. I'm not thoroughly satisfied with my PX100 as I have to almost blast the volume to enjoy music while outdoors and I don't want to ruin my ears. Isolation really is a must when you're going the portable route.

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldnt even take em for free. Well, maybe I would, but with all honesty I would only try them once and then they would get stuffed into a droor forever.

If they're free and you don't like them, you could always mod around with them.

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
great to hear that.. go away from here or you'll upgrade more and more

Yeah, seriously
smily_headphones1.gif
. If you hang around he you'll end up getting more than just your new can. Congrats on your new can and enjoy.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

No, but I've never used a cell to play music, so I have no idea what cells are capable of.

w/o an amp I would say you get the majority of the K81 that way...if cells are comparable to standard DAP players like Sansa, iPod, etc.

but how effective it will be if compared with K26p ? like i've said before, RS-2 are still effective with my cell but not K701 and HD650...cos both of em' need an amp...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back