New AKG 81DJ !
Jul 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Popol

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

I'm just writing a little message to thank you all, because this forum, even if it cursed me (
very_evil_smiley.gif
), made me discover the true sound !

So, after reading pages and pages, I finally choose to make my first investment in cans, for the AKG 81DJ, packed from Germany for 48 € !

And... woh, after 2 years of Koss Porta Pro, I almost cried in the suburb, re-discovering again my good old songs !
3000smile.gif

the fact that they are closed cans is great for urban usage, you really are alone with your music in the street (And I can tell you, in the center of Paris, that's very rare!).

So, many thanks to you all, my Iriver H340 is slowly but certainly forgetting the old "Boomboom" for a soo better sound.

P.S : don't hesitate to correct me, the english lesson in France are quite far
icon10.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #2 of 37
great to hear that.. go away from here or you'll upgrade more and more

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 37
Too late, I'm already cursed !

Nice idea Blackmore, for the Go-vibe06; I was wondering which head amp I should take, if you're using these one, I'll give it a try !

.. but now I have to choose my home Hi-Fi...

.. come back, wallet!

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 37
K81 are closed back and that's kind of advantage, if you outside
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't want to discourage you, but i don't think that k81 is that big of a jump from portapro. I think that Porta Pro is even better in certain aspects. Both a good cans tho..

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 37
Not sure about the basic EQ settings from Iriver, but at least Go-Vibe can pump some extra juice through K81, which isn't that bad.

Did you removed the foams? Please do and you will hear less boomy bass and the sound opens a bit as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late, I'm already cursed !

Nice idea Blackmore, for the Go-vibe06; I was wondering which head amp I should take, if you're using these one, I'll give it a try !

.. but now I have to choose my home Hi-Fi...

.. come back, wallet!

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #9 of 37
Congrats on your purchase, the K81DJ are such a fun can to upgrade too. There are numerous thing you can do to make them sound just better. Putting blu tak in the headphone cup, rewiring with better cable and connector (you can just wait for the connector to screw up it is really cheap with the k81 hehe), and the easiest removing the black foam pad and you can get GREAT portable headphone for the price. Welcome aboard your man watch your wallet he is soon to mutinate in these land.

Luidge

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #10 of 37
Yes, I didn't precise, but that was for an outdoor use, and the closed cans are really an improvment
eggosmile.gif
!

Don't understand now how I could stay for that long with an open can outside !

You know, when you are close to stop people in the street, with open cans or crappy basic "no-mark" earphones, and tell them how much they could improve their sound sensations !
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM Post #11 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about the basic EQ settings from Iriver, but at least Go-Vibe can pump some extra juice through K81, which isn't that bad.

Did you removed the foams? Please do and you will hear less boomy bass and the sound opens a bit as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luidge
Congrats on your purchase, the K81DJ are such a fun can to upgrade too. There are numerous thing you can do to make them sound just better. Putting blu tak in the headphone cup, rewiring with better cable and connector (you can just wait for the connector to screw up it is really cheap with the k81 hehe), and the easiest removing the black foam pad and you can get GREAT portable headphone for the price. Welcome aboard your man watch your wallet he is soon to mutinate in these land.

Thanks a lot for the advices, I'll do it as soon as I come back from work !

Just need a place to find better cable now
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #12 of 37
sorry to interupt, but i need to know, is it work great with a cellphone ? it's becos i'm using K26p now on my cellphone as source and still doin great, my old K24p are doing great too...all i know PX100 are not good on my cellphone but great on mp3 player, so it dont match...so my question is how about K81dj ? is it nice to use with a cellphone cos i dont use mp3 player as source...
tongue.gif

fyi i'm goin to upgrade from K26p to K81dj IF it doin good with cellphone, even RS-2 are still great to listening music from my cellphone...but not HD650 or K701...

sorry for bad english cos english are'nt my native language...thx !
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #14 of 37
Sorry, they did'nt match my cell,... But all I can say, with the little I know, it's that I dunno any cellphone who give you a nice sound as a source... Even a cheap MP3 can make better, except if you have a special phone, who's nice as a source
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I removed the thick screen foams, and the sound is now better, Thanks for the advice !

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #15 of 37
K81s are not too efficient, so it would probably not be a good choice for your cellphone. It will still be good, but not "great". Try the Portapros or the PX100 instead, but the K81s are still a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back