New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Dec 6, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #376 of 1,030
+ P.S.

The Amazon LZ-A2 seller told me that he will also sell LZ-A2 on aliexpress for $85. This price is $10 cheaper than the current aliexpress LZ-A2 seller.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Newest-LZ-A1-A2-Dynamic-Headphones-HIFI-Fever-In-Ear-Earphones-Good-As-IE800-DIY/519064_32560101967.html

Well yeah, this is a LZ-A1 link but he seller said that he will change the price to $85 and send LZ-A2 instead when you place an order. 

Cheers

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #377 of 1,030
  While the Pistons 3 came out, I ended up stumbling on this thread by chance. After going through 5-7 pages, I decided to buy a pair and convinced another friend of mine to buy one as well. I have been using the Havi B3 Pro 1 since I stumbled on that thread last year and it was my main go-to IEM. I bought mine through the aliexpress link -> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-LZ-A2-Dynamic-and-Armature-3-unit-Headphones-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-As-K3003-DIY/32501370155.html . We purchased the one with the mic attachment. It works with iPhone for stopping/playing music, haven't tested mic quality.

Got them yesterday (12/5/15), came in a nice square pouch labeled HZSOUND and a separate pocket bag. When I put them in, I instantly put the Havis down. No burn in, I was literally impressed by them and the music felt more alive. Music source is an iPhone 5S through Google Play Music since I didn't put anything through iTunes.

They had the dynamic bass I was looking for while retaining a nice balance with the vocals and highs running through the BAs. Literally the best purchase I have made for an IEM this year and so far. It didn't sound as bright as some people said, so it works out for me. Not much to say other than that I feel like these are worth more, but luckily they aren't.

On a whim though I decided to try my friend's LZ-A2s. No difference in packaging whatsoever. His however sounds different and more in line with the people saying it is bright. It felt closer in, the bass amount and detail was a bit lower, and vocals kinda felt like they were getting muddy. This pair also created noise once I plugged it in for some reason, but the one I tried first didn't have any. I tested it off with the same song, device, volume, and ear tips just to make sure I wasn't going crazy on the difference, but for some reason there is a difference. It lacked that "alive" feeling I had with the first one and felt more like a $50-100 IEM instead of being worth way more. Currently I am running a burn in just to see if it gets any better, but I contacted my seller through aliexpress to see what they will do. I really don't want to give my friend the "bad copy" since it is his first Chinese IEM, but going on a trip soon and this will screw up the replacement timing.

This is interesting news. I purchased mine with a mic attachment (it was what, $1.50 more? no brainer!) and my impressions are exactly in line with yours. Solid bass, balanced sound, not sibilant at all and overall I absolutely love them. For me, I can't see a reason to use my Altone200s anymore. I wonder if the mic has something to do with this?

-Collin-

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #378 of 1,030
  While the Pistons 3 came out, I ended up stumbling on this thread by chance. After going through 5-7 pages, I decided to buy a pair and convinced another friend of mine to buy one as well. I have been using the Havi B3 Pro 1 since I stumbled on that thread last year and it was my main go-to IEM. I bought mine through the aliexpress link -> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-LZ-A2-Dynamic-and-Armature-3-unit-Headphones-HIFI-Fever-Earphone-As-K3003-DIY/32501370155.html . We purchased the one with the mic attachment. It works with iPhone for stopping/playing music, haven't tested mic quality.

Got them yesterday (12/5/15), came in a nice square pouch labeled HZSOUND and a separate pocket bag. When I put them in, I instantly put the Havis down. No burn in, I was literally impressed by them and the music felt more alive. Music source is an iPhone 5S through Google Play Music since I didn't put anything through iTunes.

They had the dynamic bass I was looking for while retaining a nice balance with the vocals and highs running through the BAs. Literally the best purchase I have made for an IEM this year and so far. It didn't sound as bright as some people said, so it works out for me. Not much to say other than that I feel like these are worth more, but luckily they aren't.

On a whim though I decided to try my friend's LZ-A2s. No difference in packaging whatsoever. His however sounds different and more in line with the people saying it is bright. It felt closer in, the bass amount and detail was a bit lower, and vocals kinda felt like they were getting muddy. This pair also created noise once I plugged it in for some reason, but the one I tried first didn't have any. I tested it off with the same song, device, volume, and ear tips just to make sure I wasn't going crazy on the difference, but for some reason there is a difference. It lacked that "alive" feeling I had with the first one and felt more like a $50-100 IEM instead of being worth way more. Currently I am running a burn in just to see if it gets any better, but I contacted my seller through aliexpress to see what they will do. I really don't want to give my friend the "bad copy" since it is his first Chinese IEM, but going on a trip soon and this will screw up the replacement timing.

Both were the mic version?  I hope burn-in makes the 2nd pair the same as the 1st pair!

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #379 of 1,030

Both were the mic version?  I hope burn-in makes the 2nd pair the same as the 1st pair!

Yes both are the mic version. Running the 2nd pair non stop since yesterday and will try them later today or tomorrow.

This is interesting news. I purchased mine with a mic attachment (it was what, $1.50 more? no brainer!) and my impressions are exactly in line with yours. Solid bass, balanced sound, not sibilant at all and overall I absolutely love them. For me, I can't see a reason to use my Altone200s anymore. I wonder if the mic has something to do with this?

-Collin-

Personally I was going to go pick with the non-mic version, but my friend convinced me anyway. The difference was like $1-2 more yeah. Not sure if introducing another wire piece would affect the SQ.

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #380 of 1,030
  Yes both are the mic version. Running the 2nd pair non stop since yesterday and will try them later today or tomorrow.
Personally I was going to go pick with the non-mic version, but my friend convinced me anyway. The difference was like $1-2 more yeah. Not sure if introducing another wire piece would affect the SQ.

Good point, maybe the mic "button" is faulty.

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #381 of 1,030
After burning them in, I want to say the vocals toned down a tiny bit, but the lack of the "alive" feeling or bass quantity fun isn't there. I took a closer look at both of the IEMs and noticed a possible tiny difference in plastic shaft's height and angle. Also one of the mesh seems to be a bit thicker than the others as I can slightly see the driver pieces in the shaft while one of them I can't at all. The one I have a preference on has a slightly shorter shaft and a more angled one.

I tested them out with Madeon's Isometric and You're On song back to back on the same player and volume and there's was a very huge difference in the bass quantity. One had more "fun" with the vocals maybe not as hitting as high, while the other one focused on the vocals, but lacked the bass impact.

The aliexpress seller wants me to send it back before I get a replacement due to its cost, the alternative being a partial refund if I want to keep it here. I am leaning though on trying to get a replacement as it is odd to hear such a difference between the two.

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #382 of 1,030
  After burning them in, I want to say the vocals toned down a tiny bit, but the lack of the "alive" feeling or bass quantity fun isn't there. I took a closer look at both of the IEMs and noticed a possible tiny difference in plastic shaft's height and angle. Also one of the mesh seems to be a bit thicker than the others as I can slightly see the driver pieces in the shaft while one of them I can't at all. The one I have a preference on has a slightly shorter shaft and a more angled one.

I tested them out with Madeon's Isometric and You're On song back to back on the same player and volume and there's was a very huge difference in the bass quantity. One had more "fun" with the vocals maybe not as hitting as high, while the other one focused on the vocals, but lacked the bass impact.

The aliexpress seller wants me to send it back before I get a replacement due to its cost, the alternative being a partial refund if I want to keep it here. I am leaning though on trying to get a replacement as it is odd to hear such a difference between the two.

Now we're all going to wonder which one we have!  If you notice differences, can you take pictures of the differences?

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #383 of 1,030
gosh, I hope I will receive the "good" version 
jecklinsmile.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #386 of 1,030
  LZ-A2 review, enjoy!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14722

Great review!  I'm glad I'm in the TOTL arena now :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #387 of 1,030
  Now we're all going to wonder which one we have!  If you notice differences, can you take pictures of the differences?

I'll try to get pictures of the differences, but I want to get calipers to make sure I am not crazy about seeing a slight difference in height. I do know for sure the mesh is different, but it is a bit hard to get the photo "right" since it can only be seen at an angle. Hopefully I'll get something out this weekend.

I already intend to send the "faulty" pair back, but I bought the Veritas tester yesterday. If I am lucky, I could try testing out between the two and figure out the differences in the graph.

Dec 11, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #389 of 1,030
​Hi guys how do these compare to IEMs such as the Noble 3 Universals sound quality wise?

​I've got a pair on order from black friday for £180 with a free BTS however if I went for the LZ A2's they would only cost me £60. I know the sound signatures differ but I wondering if I can get more bang for my buck in general.

​Thanks!

Dec 11, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #390 of 1,030
A few big reviewers have said that the LZ-A2 is the best IEM you can get for under $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back