New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #212 of 1,030

Really? lol

If you have not done excessive smoothing, except for what looks like a dip in the mids, it's like a classic LCD 2.1/2.2c graph.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #213 of 1,030
  Speaking of review, speaking of the LZ A2, you do the math 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14486

Awesome review!  I definitely won't like the Delta then, since I already feel that the A2 overall sig is a little bright for me, making female vocal slightly too bright (and less natural).  Since you said the CKR10 is more natural in the voices, I'm looking forward to my Ali CKR9 and CKR9LTD.

Nov 13, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #214 of 1,030
Awesome review!  I definitely won't like the Delta then, since I already feel that the A2 overall sig is a little bright for me, making female vocal slightly too bright (and less natural).  Since you said the CKR10 is more natural in the voices, I'm looking forward to my Ali CKR9 and CKR9LTD.

Thanks!

Please remember that the Delta's are highly tunable with four different filters so you cpuld get them less bright. I've also modded my pair to reduce mid-bass which also adds to the thinner/brighter impression.

Regarding the CKR's one of their biggest strengths to me is definitely natural vocals and their bass reproduction (the regular CKR9's in particular for my preference).

I hope you'll enjoy yours as well when they arrive.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #215 of 1,030
Thanks!

Please remember that the Delta's are highly tunable with four different filters so you cpuld get them less bright. I've also modded my pair to reduce mid-bass which also adds to the thinner/brighter impression.

Regarding the CKR's one of their biggest strengths to me is definitely natural vocals and their bass reproduction (the regular CKR9's in particular for my preference).

I hope you'll enjoy yours as well when they arrive.

+1 for CKR9 which is better balanced than CKR9-LTD and they still have the best bass I've ever heard in an IEM.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #216 of 1,030
+1 for CKR9 which is better balanced than CKR9-LTD and they still have the best bass I've ever heard in an IEM.

Yes, best bass from any IEM on the CKR9 for me as well.

To stay on topic: the LZ A2 does have the deepest subbass I've ever heard in an IEM, a very unique offering to me :)

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #217 of 1,030
Me and my brother just got ours, so far out of the box they sound great. I'm not sure they are better than the UM Pro 30s I had before for me, but they are at least as good. 

The AKG550s I used in the meantime just disgust me now. I can listen to my favorite songs again without tearing them off when it gets to a noisier part. 

Waiting on spiral dots and spending some time with the A2s, I'm pretty excited for what I'll think of them later. Thanks to everyone who recommended these!

Edit: Few hours later, these are without a doubt better than the Pro 30s. Had to switch from my E7 to my broken E17(still works but annoying electrical issues keep me from using it) to get rid of some hissing. I will say these sound a lot better on the E17 than the E7, I couldn't notice a difference with the Pro 30s. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #218 of 1,030
Yes, best bass from any IEM on the CKR9 for me as well.

To stay on topic: the LZ A2 does have the deepest subbass I've ever heard in an IEM, a very unique offering to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Deeper than even Aurisonics 2.5 ?!

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #219 of 1,030
  Me and my brother just got ours, so far out of the box they sound great. I'm not sure they are better than the UM Pro 30s I had before for me, but they are at least as good. 

The AKG550s I used in the meantime just disgust me now. I can listen to my favorite songs again without tearing them off when it gets to a noisier part. 

Waiting on spiral dots and spending some time with the A2s, I'm pretty excited for what I'll think of them later. Thanks to everyone who recommended these!

Edit: Few hours later, these are without a doubt better than the Pro 30s. Had to switch from my E7 to my broken E17(still works but annoying electrical issues keep me from using it) to get rid of some hissing. I will say these sound a lot better on the E17 than the E7, I couldn't notice a difference with the Pro 30s. 

Another $300+ IEM that is bested or equaled.  I've never paid more than $100 for an IEM, and comments like this make me smile.  Thanks to all who recommended the LZ-A2!

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #220 of 1,030
Nov 14, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #221 of 1,030
Tape modded LZ a2:

Just like with the Delta's mid bass is reduced enough to be in the right side of boomy for me with all kind of music. Other postive effects (also similar to the same mod on the Deltas) is more forward vocals, better clarity, a more airy presentation and a wider soundstage.

The trade off is less subbass in both impact (not necessarily bad) and depth but there's still enough for me.

My immediate impression is that I enjoy them more with the vents taped and poked with a needle.

Will spend some time with them modded and then go back to stock a see how I feel.

Edit:
Ok after listening to the music that I didn't feel that the A2's perormed their best with when writing the review and that I enjoyed much more wiht them tape modded Celldweller - Unshakable came up on my playlist and I just had to rip the tape off :D I realized that I was trying to making them sound average with everything instead of letting them exceed at what they do best. I've now been through the whole Testuo Youth album from Lupe Fiasco and although the bass occasionally are too much for me it sure makes me smile and that's what the A"'s all about to me: havinfg fun.

I've got enough other IEM's that sound fantastic with the few recordings where I don't enjoy tha A2's the most to have the need to cripple them :wink:

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #222 of 1,030

Deeper than even Aurisonics 2.5 ?!

Lucky for us, I still have the 2.5 here:

And no, the LZ-2A does not go deeper than the Aurisonics ASG 2.5 - but - I prefer the bass on the LZ-A2. I tried the lowest bass setting, the middle one and the strongest bass on the 2.5 and the 2.5 go indeed deeper. However, the LZ-2A has, to me, the more defined bass. The 2.5 bass doesn't have the definition in the bass that I like a lot, more precise layering and a really nice texture. The ASG is no slouch at all and does really hit low when in the stronger settings, but I feel it to be bit one-note-ish. While listening to the ASG 2.5 I preferred it in the weakest bass setting. It's an amazing in-ear and I was close to buy it, but comfort and the not so sparkly treble held me back.

Anyhow, gotta say, this was a fun comparison. 

I preferred the Forte and Harmony to the ASG 2.5 - mostly because of the comfort and the better bass in my mind. It's just too much in the 2.5 so it becomes artificial. I think the best and most similar headphone to compare the LZ-2A against would be the harmony, guess what: a dynamic driver with dual BA drivers... coincidence? I hope to get my hands again on the harmony soon. Might going to get them, if memory serves me right, then they were a tad better than the LZ-2A (at 5 times the cost though).... another shootout waiting to happen... I hope I am wrong and I prefer the LZ-2A though 
biggrin.gif
 - would save me a lot of money.

Cheers,
K

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #225 of 1,030
  LZ-a2 review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-a2/reviews/14512

Awesome, a wider amount of impressions coming in. Mine still not arrived ;-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back