New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #166 of 1,030
The little dot mk.iii has three adjustment settings for various impedance headphones, however I didn't get good results with my he560's. However my matrix m-stage drives them very well. I've yet to try earphones.

Ok, I'm not familiar with the LD mkiii but usually OTL amps has a pretty high output impedance.

The A2's 16Ohms/120dB and really easy to drive, that's probably why I feel that the m-stage is overkill for them.

Tbh as long as you guys are happy that's all that matters, I was just surprised (and had a different experience pairing them with the m-stage :wink:).

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #167 of 1,030
Ok, I'm not familiar with the LD mkiii but usually OTL amps has a pretty high output impedance.

The A2's 16Ohms/120dB and really easy to drive, that's probably why I feel that the m-stage is overkill for them.

Tbh as long as you guys are happy that's all that matters, I was just surprised (and had a different experience pairing them with the m-stage :wink:).
Peter I totally agree, I've never used an iem on my home rig because I to believe it's overkill & I own the hd800. Now the Puro ie 500's may be a different story.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #168 of 1,030
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #169 of 1,030
Peter I totally agree, I've never used an iem on my home rig because I to believe it's overkill & I own the hd800. Now the Puro ie 500's may be a different story.

Yeah, from what I hear the Puro is as hard to drive as the Havi B3P1 which is the only IEM I run in my main rig :wink:

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #170 of 1,030
Nov 10, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #171 of 1,030
Yeah, from what I hear the Puro is as hard to drive as the Havi B3P1 which is the only IEM I run in my main rig :wink:
Yes, I sure do love those havi's, I usually spend a few days with them every couple months

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #173 of 1,030
Removed my question about this and Fidue A73... sorry.. it was discussed previously apparently...

Nov 11, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #174 of 1,030
If I wanted to buy tips (in advance of my delivery) on Amazon or something, what should I be searching for? Is anything going to work with these or do I need a specific type?

Just want to try out some different types for comfort/sound, as I've never experimented with tips much.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #175 of 1,030
Spinfits are pretty popular. It was recommended here by someone (I cannot recall who) that JVC Spiral dots worked well, so I have those on order. I like to use eBay for tip purchases: easy to find, cheap, free shipping and I can mix and match. These are the ones I ordered
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/161882441287?_mwBanner=1

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #176 of 1,030
Spinfits are pretty popular. It was recommended here by someone (I cannot recall who) that JVC Spiral dots worked well, so I have those on order. I like to use eBay for tip purchases: easy to find, cheap, free shipping and I can mix and match. These are the ones I ordered
http://m.ebay.ca/itm/161882441287?_mwBanner=1

Thanks! Gonna try to figure out what size are good for my ears by looking at what I have lying around.

Nov 11, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #177 of 1,030
I decided to jump to the boat after reading Yangian and RedJohn reviews a few times and I also cannot refuse the AE 11.11 sale price :) ... 
I wish the build quality could be better (CMIIW, but it looks cheap based on the phone pictures)... but I think the sound should be the most important...

now... patiently wait for them...

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #178 of 1,030
One issue for me is that vocals take a backseat to the instruments.  When I turn the volume up to where I like the vocals, the instruments are overpowering.  Is this described as mid not forward enough for me?  Tenore vocal is louder compared to the instruments.

Also, I feel that the timber or tuning (not sure which word is correct) is slightly too bright for the female vocal, making it sound a little artificial.

Will Spiral Dots help with either of these issues?

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #179 of 1,030
One issue for me is that vocals take a backseat to the instruments.  When I turn the volume up to where I like the vocals, the instruments are overpowering.  Is this described as mid not forward enough for me?  Tenore vocal is louder compared to the instruments.

Also, I feel that the timber or tuning (not sure which word is correct) is slightly too bright for the female vocal, making it sound a little artificial.

Will Spiral Dots help with either of these issues?

I really don't like how the a2 sounds with stock tips. The tonal balance sounds off that way. If you can pick up legit jvc xtreme xplosives ( too fakes online) cheap those are the tips I love using with A2.

I have large spiral dots and it doesn't seal as well as the large regular Jvc tips. maybe a ML spiral dot might be better for me

Nov 11, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #180 of 1,030
I really don't like how the a2 sounds with stock tips. The tonal balance sounds off that way. If you can pick up legit jvc xtreme xplosives ( too fakes online) cheap those are the tips I love using with A2.

I have large spiral dots and it doesn't seal as well as the large regular Jvc tips. maybe a ML spiral dot might be better for me

That gives me some hope!  Large spiral dots too big for your ears, huh?  I ordered 3 pairs of the large since I'm using the large stock tips.  I hope it helps with the tonal balance and timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back