New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Nov 9, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #151 of 1,030

Gonna sound like a broken record but try them with something like the Spiral Dots, they really open up :)

I tried them with stock silicone large, stock foams, and Meelectronics double flange.  I don't own any spiral dots; not sure what size I would need.  Would you say ML or L?

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #152 of 1,030
  I got the LZ-A2.  I ordered on 10/30, it was shipped on 10/31, and I received it on 11/7 in Maryland, USA.  Amazingly fast!

Bass on the A2 is definitely less than the M200.  It's slightly more than the Tenore.  The bass level is not overwhelming; it's actually just right or maybe I could use a little more haha.  They are amazing so far.  Out of the box, female vocals sound better on the Tenore because the singer sounds closer and it's more airy, like a little reverb.  Everything else is much better on the A2.

Burning in before I give more impressions.

Cool, cool! Glad to hear this good news!
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #154 of 1,030
I tried them with stock silicone large, stock foams, and Meelectronics double flange.  I don't own any spiral dots; not sure what size I would need.  Would you say ML or L?

If you are using M size then buy ML since the JVC spiral dots are a little bit smaller.

Sorry I just noticed that you are using L size. L size should be fine for you

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #155 of 1,030

Doesn't have to be spiral dots, anything that is wide bore should do the trick, am using a set of wide bore tips that I got from a cheap JVC iem. They dont sound bad with the KZ whirlwind tips either but those are much stiffer.

Not sure about the spiral dot size, depends on your ear :)

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #157 of 1,030
I find the A2 and a73 to be very close performance wisewise, although they do sound slightly different.

For my preference I would put both a73 and a2 ahead of the Havi, but not by a significant margain, and more because I prefer the bass forward tuning of both the a73 and A2.

+1
Puro is just too polite for my taste compared to A2 and A73.
Both A2 and A73 have a much more dynamic and robust presentation and a commanding bass performance with details and clarity all the way.
I'm driving them from a Little Dot MK III, and M-Stage Matrix and they sound incredible (for my taste). No idea how they sound from a phone.
The Puro is not bad at all (harder to drive though) but didn't get me excited as the two other.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #158 of 1,030

+1
Puro is just too polite for my taste compared to A2 and A73.
Both A2 and A73 have a much more dynamic and robust presentation and a commanding bass performance with details and clarity all the way.
I'm driving them from a Little Dot MK III, and M-Stage Matrix and they sound incredible (for my taste). No idea how they sound from a phone.
The Puro is not bad at all (harder to drive though) but didn't get me excited as the two other.

You mean you drive A2 with Little Dot MK III? Sound great? Can LD3 well drive such low impedence phone?!

Good for you to like A2's aggressive sound. :) It must be great for some genre.

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #159 of 1,030
Hi Guys,

I'm quite interested with this phones... would you Guys be able to share me the integration characteristics of the two different drivers (DD and BA) of this phones?
- how is the coherency of the sound?
- could you detect of similar tones coming from two different drivers (such separated distinct layers)
- could you hear the transition band from the low to high frequency?
- on the hard hitting bass (i.e. Massive Attack's song "Angel" (from "Mezzanine" album), could you hear that some sound "cracking" or "flexing"? 

Thanks..

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #160 of 1,030
So none of you like the stock tips?  Is it a big improvement to buy new tips such as spiral dots?  I checked all the tips that I have (Sony hybrids, etc) and none of them have wider bore than stock silicone.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #161 of 1,030
  For the people that ordered from the US or Canada, how long did shipping take?

I'm in US.  I ordered on 10/30, shipped on 10/31, arrived on 11/7.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #162 of 1,030
Nov 10, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #163 of 1,030
You mean you drive A2 with Little Dot MK III? Sound great? Can LD3 well drive such low impedence phone?!

Good for you to like A2's aggressive sound. :) It must be great for some genre.

I'm also really surprised about this. I don't have any OTL amp but to me the 5Ohms output impedance on the M-stage already makes the bass feel too loose but ymmw......

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #165 of 1,030
I'm also really surprised about this. I don't have any OTL amp but to me the 5Ohms output impedance on the M-stage already makes the bass feel too loose but ymmw......
The little dot mk.iii has three adjustment settings for various impedance headphones, however I didn't get good results with my he560's. However my matrix m-stage drives them very well. I've yet to try earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back