NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Aug 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #78 of 115
Quote:
Beats was my gateway into this headphone passion. Can't hate on them. I am interested in these though for the noise cancelling.

How does it compare to the parrot zik and Bose qc?

The QC15s are the best and the Ziks are second best. The NC on the 2013 Beats is adequate...like the PSB M4U2s, but better than the UE9000s.

Oct 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #79 of 115
Beats are fun sounding for teenagers that loves boomy Bass. But, it sounds very dirty and muddy. As a musician, I think Beats doesn't sound as realistic as music should sound. Probably you should go to concert halls and listen to some Classical Music, or if you are one of the musician you'd know what im talking about, they spent thousands of hours just to get the right balance, and you screw their music by choosing the wrong headphone, to me its unfair as people are musically uneducated, full stop.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #80 of 115
Beats are fun sounding for teenagers that loves boomy Bass. But, it sounds very dirty and muddy. As a musician, I think Beats doesn't sound as realistic as music should sound. Probably you should go to concert halls and listen to some Classical Music, or if you are one of the musician you'd know what im talking about, they spent thousands of hours just to get the right balance, and you screw their music by choosing the wrong headphone, to me its unfair as people are musically uneducated, full stop.

Agreed about the old Beats, but as the thread states, this is for the new 2013 versions, which are quite a bit better in that regard. So unless you've heard them, I suggest you keep the Beats bashing to the other threads.

The newer ones while improved aren't the be all and end all...but definitely a step in the right direction.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #81 of 115
I'd heard the original Beats line up before (not counting the pros) and didn't really care for the sound.  Recently though, I got a chance to compare my Beryerdynamic DT770 80ohms to the Beats Studios when a co-worker brought his pair in.  I was actually a little surprised at how much the sound had improved over the older models.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #86 of 115
Gotta admit...I actually like the 2013's quite a bit.  If not for that little faint hiss of the noise canceling chip, I'd love them.  Plus, they finally came out with a Matte Black Studio!  Never would have bought them had their only been shiny versions.  If I have to wear some Beats, they better be inconspicuous.  LOL.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #89 of 115
Gotta admit...I actually like the 2013's quite a bit.  If not for that little faint hiss of the noise canceling chip, I'd love them.  Plus, they finally came out with a Matte Black Studio!  Never would have bought them had their only been shiny versions.  If I have to wear some Beats, they better be inconspicuous.  LOL.

What about sennheiser momentum on-ear? Isn't nice looking and good sounding too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back