NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Jul 26, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 115
I agree with mooses9. This is the right way to look at them. A couple of years back on headfi, monster IEMs were all the rage, now they are considered sucky cause they are related to these beats. The technology is sound from beats, just that they are vastly overpriced, due to hype. I would probably pay about 1/4 the asking price of the beats, but for my money, I went with the westone es5 hehe.

I really dislike this head fi group think, with the vast amount of info around, reviews and such, people have already made up their mind before even going to try out the product. It's basically the blind leading the blind here, most of the time. Comments like not wanting to pay more than $30 for beats disgust me to a large extent because of this. Very childish

Jul 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 115
Monster has a history of overpricing, bad quality and treats its customers horribly. (not to mention fraud... but thats another story)

And beats has a history of using bass extensions like a 5 year old using ketchup on a burger.

I wouldnt pay more then 100 bucks for these. and still then i would look for alternatives first.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 115
Many of the Monster products are actually respected here. Especially the Turbine series. The gratitude is another great IEM. The Inspiration isn't a bad over-ear either.

Monster is no longer owned by Monster BTW, keep that in mind.

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 115
Many of the Monster products are actually respected here. Especially the Turbine series. The gratitude is another great IEM. The Inspiration isn't a bad over-ear either.

Monster is no longer owned by Monster BTW, keep that in mind.

doesnt monster do the beats by dr dre series tho? funny that monster products are respected while beats are hated eh?

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #25 of 115
It's just speculation I guess, but when beats moved on from monster, they had all the rights to the monster line of products so they took it away with them. The sound signature is still the same tho

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #28 of 115
Guys monster used to make Beats by dre but they stopped making them at about the time the executive came out. Now beats by dre are making their own headphones and monster is branching out themselves into the market with products like the dna and inspiration. If you have ever heard the dna or inspiration, you know they sound NOTHING like the beats by dre. Monster had very little input in what beats sounded like and that is why they ended their relationship. Monster also wanted to branch out with their own headphones which are in no question better than the beats by dre line. The only marginally good beats are the mixrs. So in summary monster doesnt make beats and hasnt for a least half a year. Everything is now made and designed by the beats by dre company not monster.

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #29 of 115
UNBOXING

LEAKAGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back