NEW 2013 Beats Studios...
Apr 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #106 of 115
Here's my review of the Studio 2013: 

I love the comfort and I think the sound of of these is really great for a lot of genres as well, but three things really bugged me:

1. Earpads are not replaceable
2. Constant hiss from NC / DSP circuit
3. NC / DSP circuit cannot be turned off, so the headphone is non functional when the battery runs out and there is no real auto off feature besides manually unplugging the cable.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #107 of 115
Hey, do you prefer your 2013 Beats Studio or M100? And Why? What's the difference in sound quality? I own the Beats Studio Wireless and have been considering returning them to Best Buy before my window closes. Only problem is I have no way to try out the M100s.

For the same price tag I'll have to go with the M-100 all the way. I actually owned both, now I only have just one :wink: I pick the M-100 over the Studios, not only because of the sound quality, which to me the m-100 feels more well-rounded and fun to listen to, but also the incredible build quality and all of it's perks like the 2 year warranty and the immortal life program. In addition to that, the customization option from V-moda is very hard to look over. I use my m-100 for everything: studying, running, traveling, and it's just great. I like the feeling that I don't have to baby them all the time. And lastly, no charging needed.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #108 of 115
I just got these as a gift after my Monster DNA's fell apart. I should start by saying that I'm not an audiophile; I'm a regular consumer with audiophile tendencies. :)

I really liked the DNA's and am still unsure of the Beats. I've read that the sound significantly improves after burn-in, so we'll see. I'm actually surprised by the lack of hate for these on head-fi, so that makes me want to give them a chance.

Beats are fun sounding for teenagers that loves boomy Bass. But, it sounds very dirty and muddy. As a musician, I think Beats doesn't sound as realistic as music should sound. Probably you should go to concert halls and listen to some Classical Music, or if you are one of the musician you'd know what im talking about, they spent thousands of hours just to get the right balance, and you screw their music by choosing the wrong headphone, to me its unfair as people are musically uneducated, full stop.

I agree, but as a former musician myself, I think your point applies to acoustic music, but not to pop and hip hop music which are mixed to be listened to on headphones like these.

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #109 of 115
I don't mind the hiss. It sounds like the rain. Now I can get rid of that thunderstorm wav file. :wink:

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #112 of 115
Does your Studio 2.0/2013 have the serial number on the R side of the headband as per - https://uk.beatsbydre.com/support/find-serial-number.html ?

Mine doesn't and was purchased directly from Amazon. Are they fake?

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #115 of 115
I owned one of these before and I liked the bass. However, once I tried the M-100's on, I never looked back. Personally, I feel the V-Moda's are better overall. Also, I even gave away my Studio's to a friend. Win-win situation for the both of us really :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back