Never, ever, buy headphones off of ebay.
Sep 25, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #31 of 36
Cool.  Of course, it may not be as fool-proof as it may seem.  Case in point:

• Recently I sold 4 graphics cards on ebay and the buyer claimed that they were damaged and sent them back.
  • Meanwhile he sent me an message on ebay messages saying that he decided to only send 3 back, instead of all 4 like Paypal asked him to.
  • Paypal refunded the buyer the full amount for all 4 cards and I'm sitting here with 3.
  • So I file an appeal.  I open the package in front of the UPS store manager so they can see I only had 3 cards.  
  • Paypal sent me the same email they sent you, so I got the UPS store manager to fax in a statement confirming only 3 came back.
  • Then I pointed Paypal to the ebay messages where the buyer said he's only sending back 3.
  • You would think that's enough evidence for the appeal but they're been nagging me for 2 weeks about getting a police report.
  • Trouble is I can't get a police report because it was shipped between states and it's out of NYPD jurisdiction.  They don't care, Paypal still wants the report.
  • So all in all, they're giving me a really hard time about this appeal EVEN if I provide them with the documentation they require.
  • Hopefully you won't have as much trouble [being] a buyer.

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #32 of 36
I've bought some expensive things on ebay before, (exotic woods), but I won't buy headphones there.  I paid the crutchfield premium to insure that I got the right thing and could return them if I had to.  Paypal is one hundred percent failure.  I once changed my mind on an order and got a refund before the item shipped without paypal's assistance. I thought sweet, no issue, me and the seller were both fine with it, Paypal wasn't though, they held the money in my paypal account and froze the account for two weeks for no reason, even though they pulled the money from my bank account to make the order.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #33 of 36
I've bought some expensive things on ebay before, (exotic woods), but I won't buy headphones there.  I paid the crutchfield premium to insure that I got the right thing and could return them if I had to.  Paypal is one hundred percent failure.  I once changed my mind on an order and got a refund before the item shipped without paypal's assistance. I thought sweet, no issue, me and the seller were both fine with it, Paypal wasn't though, they held the money in my paypal account and froze the account for two weeks for no reason, even though they pulled the money from my bank account to make the order.

Just buy them from a authorized seller and get a warranty then you know your probably getting the real thing but just in case your not then you have the warranty.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #34 of 36
Hi it is sad to hear that. What I can say is that most Chinese sellers are not trust-worthy. I would not buy/ trust any things from Chinese sellers on ebay, which they claimed genuine...that's too risky. Even though I live in Hong Kong, I always put ebay sellers from Hong Kong or China blacklisted...what a shame

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #35 of 36
Hi it is sad to hear that. What I can say is that most Chinese sellers are not trust-worthy. I would not buy/ trust any things from Chinese sellers on ebay, which they claimed genuine...that's too risky. Even though I live in Hong Kong, I always put ebay sellers from Hong Kong or China blacklisted...what a shame

Yeah but thts just the way it goes

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #36 of 36
Hi, 

I know this is quite old post but I am also planning on purchasing a Shure SRH840, potentially on ebay! May I ask you is it not that the seller does not offer any factory warranty for a new item? I found a seller with good reputation and reasonable price (not too low) but he said there would be no factory warranty for a new pair of headphone. 

PS: How do you like the headphone so far? I guess for 4 years+. Is it heavy on the head after 4+ hours? Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back