Neutral Sounding Portable Closed Headphones
Sep 6, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #16 of 26
Anything about the headband cracking??? I'm less worried about them leaking out than the noise leaking in. :p
I don't have a problem with sound leaking in, or the headband. But I baby them because their is little doubt in my mind that it wouldn't take much for it to snap. Not a headphone I'd want to drop, or excessively stretch

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #17 of 26
The only headphone I personally consider wearing out are my Soundmagic HP100 as they are super comfy and don't look absurd to passers by. I wouldn't say neutral, but they're not bass heavy and have great balance from sub bass, great mid-bass and good treble extension. Great all rounder. well within your budget.

For totally neutral i suppose Shure 840 fits but they're not totally over ear.

Maybe look in to 1More Triple Driver Over Ear also

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #19 of 26
have you tried these two? they are both lightweight, foldable/collapsible, under $300, over ear, closed back, fairly neutral.
NAD Viso HP50
1More Triple Driver - a lil bit more bass emphasis.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #20 of 26
Both the NAD Viso and 1More Triple look tempting. How do they compare to the Beoplay H6 2nd gens? I actually have a pair the Beoplays right now, but I have some popping/crackling sounds during playback at slightly higher volumes. I thought it was a problem with the headphones, which is why I'm looking for another pair. I could also do with a better fit/seal.

However, I tried listening to them again, and it seems like they only had issues on certain tracks/file types. Now I'm wondering if my files are corrupt. So confusing.

My source: Shanling M0 running FW 2.0

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #21 of 26
I can't consider the 1mores neutral. The mids are too scooped. There more like a V shape - done right. The H6 is much closer to neutral imo. Much more balanced. I haven't heard the Nad Viso, but it looks to ugly and awkward for me to even consider. Especially as a portable

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #22 of 26
I can't consider the 1mores neutral. The mids are too scooped. There more like a V shape - done right. The H6 is much closer to neutral imo. Much more balanced. I haven't heard the Nad Viso, but it looks to ugly and awkward for me to even consider. Especially as a portable

The H6 is a real looker. Have you heard of any issues with crackling noises at higher volumes?? I'm also thinking about getting an impedance adapter.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #23 of 26
Both the NAD Viso and 1More Triple look tempting. How do they compare to the Beoplay H6 2nd gens? I actually have a pair the Beoplays right now, but I have some popping/crackling sounds during playback at slightly higher volumes. I thought it was a problem with the headphones, which is why I'm looking for another pair. I could also do with a better fit/seal.

However, I tried listening to them again, and it seems like they only had issues on certain tracks/file types. Now I'm wondering if my files are corrupt. So confusing.

My source: Shanling M0 running FW 2.0

sorry i only recommended ones under $300.
for under $400, you already got B&O H6? I would recommend that and also check out Bower Wilkins P7 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back