Neumann NDH 30
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #1,816 of 4,938
Not bad for an old fella. : )
Good! And then you can do the test again at 11kHz (select the frequency at the top left of the page), and then 12kHz and so on. Last time I recently checked I could get a statistically reliable score at 14kHz, but not reliably above that.

Which headphones did you use, and how?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,818 of 4,938
Lol..no need...I'm as good as deaf above 10.7kHz. : )
What is important though is that I can distinctly hear what I hear with 100% confidence. :)
You may be surprised at your upper limit with that proper test. I don’t think that the usual sine sweep tests on YT etc give you a good indication of what your upper limit really is.

Mind you, I might start to doubt your hearing if you don’t eventually come round to the NDH 30! 😉😁

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #1,819 of 4,938
Mind you, I might start to doubt your hearing if you don’t eventually come round to the NDH 30! 😉😁
Maybe...if I happen to find an extra $1K laying around somewhere. : )

But what is quite obvious is that whatever Sennheiser did on the on their current drivers/headphones, and that includes Neumann's NDH30 and their own S2...it's working. : )

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #1,822 of 4,938
Try Debrox before you do an ear test.

Apr 9, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #1,825 of 4,938
is there somewhere a very accurate frequency curve of the ndh30 headphones?

My other question is, technically (resolution, soundstage, imaging, clarity) how does it compare to a Sennheiser hd660 s2?

Apr 9, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,826 of 4,938
My other question is, technically (resolution, soundstage, imaging, clarity) how does it compare to a Sennheiser hd660 s2?
How can the ones you listed: resolution, soundstage, imaging, clarity, be measured technically? And on what graphs of measurements it is visible clearly?

Apr 9, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #1,827 of 4,938
is there somewhere a very accurate frequency curve of the ndh30 headphones?

There are a few floating around on the internet, but who knows how accurate they are.
There have been some very good comparisons on this thread. Look for recent posts by @OkPsychology and @chesebert.

Apr 9, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,830 of 4,938
That’s a very interesting, and mostly very good review, much of which I can agree with. However, the thing which I find the most striking about the NDH 30 is the fact that they are so engaging – quite the opposite of what he thinks. But, to be honest, I’m not really surprised by his conclusion. He’s from Sonsrworks (or used to be there) and for them the HD650 is still the King. In other words he thinks that the 650 is a better headphone technically and is more engaging than the NDH 30. That’s where he’s coming from, so draw your own conclusions…….

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back