Netherlands meet, July 8th
Jun 8, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #61 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm shoit. Yes I do have a mac. I can put them on a cd or so, so you can copy them onto your comuter..Or bring them on a cf-card or so??

Mmmm, i hope Rik has a casual WinXP computer as the Zen: Vision requires Windows media player 10 (or higher) to enable drag 'n drop.

... i shall get my hands on some Apple lossless\WAV's myself, just in case. I'll just put it on the 2Gb USB SD-Card for the camera. (...do not say that Mac's only feature FireWire please)

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #62 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmmm, i hope Rik has a casual WinXP computer as the Zen: Vision requires Windows media player 10 (or higher) to enable drag 'n drop.

... i shall get my hands on some Apple lossless\WAV's myself, just in case. I'll just put it on the 2Gb USB SD-Card for the camera. (...do not say that Mac's only feature FireWire please)

biggrin.gif
No, they also support usb
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #63 of 272
Quote:

But today is a great day for me (except that the weather was awfull).

TODAY I BOUGHT A PENTAX-M 50MM F/1.7 LENS

Still a manual though
tongue.gif

The fastest AF Pentax in that range i know of is the Pentax FA 43 F/1.9, which is WAY out of budget (around €500-600,-).

The depth blur is incredible!

Can't wait to make some awesome Headphone shots
eggosmile.gif

Awesome! My favorite lens is still my 50mm F1.8 prime, I love that thing. Instant bokeh, works great under low light, and very sharp.

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #64 of 272
Quote:

I'll have a XP laptop present. I can rip anything from my cd collection, so I'm sure we'll have some music in common.

I'm going to attack my DT770's now...

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #65 of 272
Don't forget to make some pic's of the process, if it aint too late already. Poor beyer.
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #66 of 272
Haven't really started yet as I'm a bit hesitant. Right now it's a decent headphone for movies and that's it. If I do this, they might be worth nothing anymore and I'll be out a movies headphone.

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #67 of 272
If you mess up you can still woody them right? Then the worth is increased too i guess.

Jun 9, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #68 of 272
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder.... how will an open balanced DT770 sound?
It's going to dieeeeeee!
evil_smiley.gif

Woehoew!! I like! You loon
icon10.gif

Already sold you K1000? I can imagine you would feel a little hesitant than. Good luck with the modding. It sure is a great idea though and would love to hear them.

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #70 of 272
The victim:
1.jpg

No going back now.
2.jpg

Definitely no going back now!
3.jpg

Couple minutes later, test fitting.
4.jpg

Finished!
5.jpg

Needs velt in front of it, though it looks cool this way. It's a better finish than it seems on the pictures, the rods sticking out of the drivers mounting make it look like it isn't perfectly round, but it is.
6.jpg

Now the real test.... how does it sound?

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #71 of 272
Wow... Rik, you're a sick dude!! I can see it in front of me: Rik, with a evil laugh, equiped with a chain saw, the Beyer with his eyes closed... Scared.... Sitting on the table.... Waiting....... Be-headed........

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #72 of 272
Haha, I'm evil indeed!
evil_smiley.gif

It sounds, er, strange. It sounds MASSIVE, very, very wide soundstage and an insane amount of bass. I expected (read: hoped for) it to have less bass, but it definitely hasn't lost any. Vocals sound a bit nasal, so I'll have to play with dampening behind the drivers to fix that. Not an improvement at this stage... thought the added soundstage is nice. And as for that soundstage, think Ultrasone wide here...

Jun 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #73 of 272
Quote:

Haha, I'm evil indeed!
evil_smiley.gif

Thou shall not harm beyers ....
evil_smiley.gif
!

Owww, too late
tongue.gif

Quote:

.....And as for that soundstage, think Ultrasone wide here...

AWESOME, i definetly want to hear it at the meet, work on those vocals and you have an K1000 beater
tongue.gif
!!!

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #75 of 272
They look great
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back