Netflix Gems!!
Aug 30, 2011 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Alexmb

New Head-Fier
Netflix Streaming has picked up a lot in the last few years,
so lets get some post of some great movies to stream that are not really considered main stream
Or that might of just got over looked
A good documentary never hurt anyone :D
I will start with 
Black Dynamite: A campy blaxploitation film that has many great laughs you just have to watch it with right expectations in mind. Its a fun film to watch with friends really 
Freakanomics: A interesting take on the economy and has a interesting section about how the Abortion affected the U.S a great informative film with different views on subjects you might of never heard/thought of

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 22
Girl with the dragon Tattoo, watch and find out 
biggrin.gif
 There are quite a few OMG moments, It is in Swedish BTW being of Scandinavian origin myself I had to see it. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 22
Buffalo 66'
Army of Shadows
Monsters - nice little alien invasion film
Let the Right One In
Santa Sangre - a Redshifter recommendation
Vision Quest - pure 80's goodness
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover  - Greenaway is great, give him chocolate cake.
Thieves Like Us - Robert Altman

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 22

Quote:

My friend and my brother have gone on about this film.  Their taste in movies is very close to mine.  I must watch.

That much aside, I rely on Netflix to supply me with utter crap films, and I haven't been disappointed yet.  I mean, I have.  I love it.

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
Girl with the dragon Tattoo, watch and find out 
biggrin.gif
 There are quite a few OMG moments, It is in Swedish BTW being of Scandinavian origin myself I had to see it. 

Quote:
Buffalo 66'
Army of Shadows
Let the Right One In
Santa Sangre - a Redshifter recommendation
Vision Quest - pure 80's goodness
The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover  - Greenaway is great, give him chocolate cake.
Thieves Like Us - Robert Altman

I will be looking for a movie tonight before i go to sleep and i shall pick one off your list!

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 22
Heartless: British film about a deal with the devil.
Harry Brown: Excellent British revenge film. Starring Michael Caine.
Surf Nazis Must Die: Self explanatory. Surf Nazis. The best terrible movie I've seen in ages.

They also recently added almost every good Kevin Smith film to the queue as well.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #10 of 22
I think the movies available on archive.org are also on netflix instant viewing. Bunch of good ones. Carnival of Souls is lots of fun. Horror Express. Also a few Vincent Price gems.

Theater of Blood is on netflix but not in the public domain as far as I know.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #12 of 22
Prophecy II, watching flashdance girl do an angel. Loved Torchwood 1/2/3 enough to watch the whole series twice.

Netflix will be my refuge from 9/11 coverage this weekend.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #13 of 22
I just watched Visioneers based on the input of a nephew and I liked it. It's a dark comedy with more dark than comedy but not too much. Buffalo '66 is one of my favourite, relatively unknown gems.  

Sep 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:
Prophecy II, watching flashdance girl do an angel.

I had doubts because it's a sequel to what I thought at the time was a unique film, and most of the time sequels lose lot of the spirit (or else the quality) of the first.  I do love the Beals though.  Should I watch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back