NEEED HELP FINDING MY FIRST PAIR OF LEGIT HEADPHONES! HELP EXPERTS !!
Aug 20, 2010 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kevin00147

New Head-Fier
hi guys. im a newbie to the forum and would like to get some help finding a new pair of headphones.
i prefer over the ear and around 100. i liked the monster beats solo until i read how terrible the build was. and after the reviews you guys wrote i steered clear of them.

i listen to a lot of hip hop rap and some rock..but hip hop for the most part. i would like them to be somewhat comfortable since they will be used when im on campus and around the house here and there. and i would like the durability to last me at least a year. i was thinking about the grados but apparently the bass levels arent good.

any help would be appreciated.

oh and i would like something that looks some what good. but not really picky. just dont want to spend money on some dookie headphones like the beat solos..
thank you guys for saving me 200 dollars. i was gonna buy them today. thank god i came across your website.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 9
Ease up on the ALL CAPS too, please.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 9
Or just buy some Audio-Technica M50 and save yourself some time.  It's what people will end up recommending anyway.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 9
my bade chuke.

okay well ive come to a decision between the AKG-K242hd or the MS-1i

which would be better? especially for my genre of music. which is hip hop and rap.
i really appreciate the help guys

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 9
and i just checked the price of the AKGs and all i saw was around 200. thats a little too much. i am really diggin this design by akg it looks classy any other akgs around the 100 dollar mark with the same quality

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #8 of 9
Audio-Technica M50 will do hip-hop really well. It's been lauded for it's great bass and treble, it's one of the best purchases you can ever make as an audiophile. I have it and it does pretty much rock and hip hop really nicely. Take a listen, and at $110 on Amazon, it's a steal. 

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 9
Doesn't the AKG K240 MkII have the same stuff but just cheaper for professional use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back