Need suggestions on upgrading from K701s
Jul 26, 2010 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Darkestred

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently bought my mother a pair of Fischer Eterna's (Rev2) to match her cowon j3.  I plugged these into my Heed Canamp and was impressed at how well these IEMs compared to my k701s.  In some ways The Eterna's out shined my K701s. 

I listen to mainly hard rock(sevendust, pillar), metal(this or the apocalypse),  and hardcore(sienna skies, more than a thousand).  With occasional passages of hiphop, rock, funk and fusion.  While I do like the k701s sound.  There are some things missing from them for myself, such as more bass impact and more lively sound.

Characteristics I like when listening to music:

1. A concert-like experience - where drum hits are full of body and attack and music tends to be more up in your face.  In other words, something that brings the music to life and makes it a bit more fun than the k701s can do.
  2. Natural sound or a natural like sound
  3. Highs to be clean and maybe sparkly.
  4. Bass I want to know its there but i dont want it to fatigue my ears.  Punchy and quick or something with a bit of impact but nothing boomy.

I realize i probably cannot get all of this in a headphone but if i can get the fun factor and natural sound id be happy.  If there are other suggestions that may not fit my listed preferences but are similar by all means let me have 'em.

Price range would be under $500.

Thanks Head-fi for any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back