Need source for Fiio E17 LOD (sansa clip+?)
Jul 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gugguson

Head-Fier
Hello.

I have Fiio E17 and I'm looking for a player which will utilize both the amp and the dac of the E17.  Does the sansa clip+ fall into that category and what cable will I need?

Thanks,
Johann

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello.

I have Fiio E17 and I'm looking for a player which will utilize both the amp and the dac of the E17.  Does the sansa clip+ fall into that category and what cable will I need?

Thanks,
Johann

Nope. As of right now, no device currently natively supports doing what you want to do. There has been some succes with Nokia, and some with Android phones with OTG support and there is also the iPad with CCK and an external power source but as of right now. None.

The E17 used as an amp will work for any device that outputs a signal though. However if you want to bypass the PMP/DAP's own amp and use the E17's there are many of those. Some companies that have those abilities on some products include:
Sansa (not sure what model)
Sony (some walkman models)
Apple (most if not all devices with LOD)
Hifiman etc etc and other various niche audiophile companies and some Cowon's..and really a whole mess of them.

Sometimes the line out is built into the device itself, and sometimes you need a dock connector.

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks Panda-sama.

So you are saying that the only way to utilize the amp is to use a computer, right?

Johann

Quote:
Nope. As of right now, no device currently natively supports doing what you want to do. There has been some succes with Nokia, and some with Android phones with OTG support and there is also the iPad with CCK and an external power source but as of right now. None.

The E17 used as an amp will work for any device that outputs a signal though. However if you want to bypass the PMP/DAP's own amp and use the E17's there are many of those. Some companies that have those abilities on some products include:
Sansa (not sure what model)
Sony (some walkman models)
Apple (most if not all devices with LOD)
Hifiman etc etc and other various niche audiophile companies and some Cowon's..and really a whole mess of them.

Sometimes the line out is built into the device itself, and sometimes you need a dock connector.

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks Panda-sama.

So you are saying that the only way to utilize the amp is to use a computer, right?

Johann

Thanks for reading my signature :)

??? No. I didn't say that. The only way to use the amp and DAC of the E17 is with a computer natively. There are work arounds with the iPad and other units but its a lot more advanced and costs money to setup.

http://youtu.be/Hyjt83X8nQE
Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back