Need something for Hip-Hop, Electronic and Rock.
Nov 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sugarkang

500+ Head-Fier
I used to own HD-650s, but sold them because I didn't feel the price was justified.
I own HD-595s now.  They are really awesome for vocal, classical, jazz.  However, IMO, Sennheisers are not good for urban, modern music.  Particularly not good at doing hard, repetitive, thumpy percussion.  I need something that does:  Electronic emphasizing drum machines, Hip-Hop, or Rock with drum emphasis, like punk rock. 

Basically, I'm saying Senns suck at bass.

I know what some of you are thinking.  Senns are awesome at bass!  You just don't have the proper ______ !
Please save your opinion for a different thread.  I would like to have input from people who have listening preferences that are similar to me.  Obviously, it would be silly to solicit the opinions of classical music haters for some good classical music.  Same thing here. 

So to those of you who think Senns don't have bass, what are some good cans for the above mentioned music?
I recall trying some DT-770s a while back and thought those were super muddy. 

I grew up on Sony.  My first CD player was the D-15 in 1989.  My reference point is the Sony MDR-V900s, which are the perfect sounding cans for the above mentioned music.  Unfortunately, I sold those a few years back to make room for the HD-650s.  Big mistake.  Now ebay only has cheap fakes from China.

Recommend?  or alternatively, if someone has genuine V900s for sale at a good price, I'll take them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back