need some opinions/advices!
Feb 22, 2011 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Melodics

New Head-Fier
hello, it's my first post here but i've been lurking around head-fi forums for quite some time now

so here it is, i will be getting my first pair of headphones soon (within the next week or so)
i've reduced my options down to:

1. AKG K514
  2. ATH M50 and
  3. Grados SR80

am still open to new suggestions still ! those AKG K701 really loook tempting... but the price is steep and i probably wouldn't have enough juice to bring it's full potential anw

i would be going to try out the phones over one of the weekends, but i would like some opinions on what should i look out for, or basically any advice anyone has to give to give regarding headphones.

i like vocals, acoustic stuffs and maybe some light rock

from what ive read, ATH M50 are like a good all-rounder with pretty good isolation etc. and Grados are good for rock. haven't got any much read on AKG K514 though.

please do share some of your opinions on these phones!
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, I guess the common notion around hear is to trust your ears.  In other words, as long as what you're hearing is good to you then you've got the pair that's right for you.  Welcome to Head-Fi by the way!  Sadly, this journey is a perilous one....for your wallet that is!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back