Need some input from some experienced head-fier, is LD MK IV se that bad for T1, HD800 ???
Sep 17, 2010 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
In the last one month, I lost my mind,
I have got myself a T1, also a HD800.
But I have a doubt now, as I only have a beginner amp LD MKIVse, and LD MKVII+
Because of some reason, i can,t change my amps.( basically , i don't want my wife to know , I spent that much money on stuff,,, this stuff)

Please tell me the truth, am I wasting the hd800 and the T1? For not be able to plug them into some higher end amp.

Do I really need to change my amps in order to show what these headphone really can do????

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 6
I have HD800 paired with LD mk4 SE too, and to be honest, i don't think it's too bad. (though I've not yet heard a higher end amp)
As of now, i find my set up a bit too bright, so I'll be changing the opamps in my STX soundcard and we'll see how that goes.

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 6
I heard both on the Little Dot MK11 and IMO they were fine but there are amps better to bring out their best, My T1 loves my Decware CSP-2 but also plays very well on my 275.00 Matrix. I also heard the HD800 on the same amps and it does well with all. The hiogher up the more dynamic and musical it gets most of the time. Sometimes synergy isn't right and thats why it important to listen to many different amps and sources.

Apr 25, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 6
well looks like the only way the find out is burn a bigger huge in your wallet at this point. lol

unforunately one needs to try it with a better amp to know if its right for you; err rather the headphones with you listening to them.

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #6 of 6
I own HD800 and LD MK IV SE. While they work together,  I definitely prefer the Audio gd Phoenix with the HD800. Everything just snaps into focus much better (PRAT, bass, soundstage etc.) But then you are looking at a 3x - 4x  price differential.

I've also heard HD800 with Zana Deux,  WA22 and DNA Sonnett (at meets & CanJam) and all of these are (imho) far superior HD800 pairings.

Ultimately - you get what you pay for. While the LD is a very good starter amp, you might want to move up in the chain eventually (aka. the head-fi addiction). (Btw - I love my LD with my Dt880s).

My 2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back