Need some bass headphones.
Nov 14, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 22
Welcome to head-fi!

I'm not the biggest bass head, but I'll try to help.  By good bass do you mean a bass extension or do you mean having a lot of bass?

Knowing your budget will also help others in giving you suggestions.

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
Quote:
The price doesn't mather..

Living dangerously :)

x2  Quite dangerous especially here!

And what I meant was do you prefer to hear how deep the bass can go or do you prefer an emphasized bass?

And if money is no object, there's quite a lot of wonderful headphones that are great with a lot of different genres like the LCD-2 or you can get some of the headphones that have noted for their bass like the Denon D7000 or the Ultrasone Edition 8s for example 
wink_face.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #9 of 22
Do you like it with more punch or depth - like the feeling of it thumping in your head, or the feeling of you swimming in an ocean

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #10 of 22
Sony xb series, I hear that the 500 is the sweet spot but they have a bigger model that hits lower (the 700).

Bestbuy u can have the 500s for 80, online its around 80-90 for the 700 and around 60 for the 500.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
Sony xb series, I hear that the 500 is the sweet spot but they have a bigger model that hits lower (the 700).

Bestbuy u can have the 500s for 80, online its around 80-90 for the 700 and around 60 for the 500.

Unless your meand you get your XB500 for $44. ;P

Anyway, if you looking for a good starter can that has really good punch the XB500's is really really good. And anything lower then $60 and they are hard to beat. If you want to spend a little morethen go with something like a Shure SRH750DJ those will also have the nice bass punch but have slight less reccessed mids that the XB500's suffer from. IMO the 750DJ is the direct upgrade from the XB500.

Also on the Pioneer's don't go with those if you lookingg for a set of good DJ Cans your gonna want to look into Allen and Heath Xone X53 which have qwuickly became some of the more popluar  dj's headphones on the market. Technic's RDJ1200 would also be a solid choice.

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #12 of 22
You may think of Sennheiser HD280Pros, it just fits Rocks and Technos.

The sound is detailed(not muffled) with good bass and warm mids (but somewhat laid back), however it might not be very comfortable to wear as it is designed for monitoring.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 22
I can't believe my eyes...in all these posts nobody has yet mentioned the M50? Is everyone tired of reading about the M50 already?
normal_smile .gif

The 750DJ is what most people here seem to suggest and those may be worth checking into. I didn't like them though.

I'd suggest the D2000, but only with a receiver or a desktop amp. I'm not a basshead and usually hate bass heavy headphones, but I love these.

For me the bass is not bloated, excessive or out of control ever. I actually prefer them to the M50 and they're worth the extra hundred or so.

It's funny because early this year in march I hated them and I think it was because my amps I had at the time were not a good match for them or that I didn't burn them in long enough.

They go really well with my k601 for when I need something different.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #15 of 22
Good to see the 750DJ get some mention. I should hopefully be getting mine tomorrow and once I do, I will compare them to the xb500 that I have. Right now, the bass on the Sony's is just right....booming :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back