Need some advice on moving on from my UE TF 10 Remolds after 5 years
Jul 6, 2014 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I have 5 year old TF 10 remolds from Unique Melody, and I still love them. Only problem is, after 5 years old, i have to use putty to keep the connectors in as the holes have gotten loose. This has been an OK solution, but it seems like it might be time to move on from them soon. I think the drivers are still ok, so the way I see it i have a few options:

1. Remold these again.
           Whats the cost of doing this ? Should I be worried that the drivers are almost 7 years old? 

2. Buy a Universal IEM and use that
            I am afraid they wont be very comfortable: CIEMS have been very good to me.

3. Buy a Universal + Custom sleeve/remold

This is an expensive path, I think, but it could work!

4. Buy a new CIEM

I dont really want to spend more than 600 dollars, have been looking at lowest end UE custom.  I might be able to pursuade myself into the UE 7s, which are triple driver. Any other suggestions at this front ? I really like Ultimate Ears new connector, thats kind of why I want to go with them. 

What would you guys do?

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 4
I would look for a low hour TOTL CIEM and remold - that way you can keep to your budget, but get more bang for your buck...

There are a couple of (still, I think) decent CIEMs on the FS threads like a JH11 and UE11 - both high end 4BA CIEMs going for below $400 - not a bad starting point.... I would do that before spending $150 on remolding a 7 year old TF10..

IMO

Jul 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Remold cost will be $150 as mentioned above, are you wanting to upgrade at all?  I've seen JH11/JH13 around the $350-$450 range, or you could get one the hybrid iems from T-Peos a lot of old TF10 users like them well.  I don't think I could go back to universals after having customs for a while..

PS theres a JH5 in the FS forum $185 reshell would make it around $300 it doesn't have the top extension of the TF10, but is a bit better overall..

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 4
I didn't even think of that! Thats why I posted! Thanks guys... I might go that rout.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back