Need replacement cable for Beyer ET1000 electrostatic headphones- HELP!
May 7, 2011 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

milosz

500+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Beyer ET1000's and the cable is bad, got a break in the middle.  I need to replace it.

I contacted Beyer and they have no parts, no info, no nothing for this product.

Any suggestions?

===========================================================================
These are really nice headphones, by the way.  I like them better than the lower-cost Stax headsets I've heard.  I'm using them off their stock transformer / polarizing supply right now, driven by an AMC CVT-2030 MOSFET / EL-34 amplifier.  Sounds great.  I would describe the sound as "easygoing," slightly on the warm side with natural sounding detail and good transient speed, good texture.  Very nice upper bass / midrange, good bass texture and impact.

May 8, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 5
Search ebay for "2 pin din" you should find plenty. Here's one from ebay UK but I'm sure you'll find something in the US.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Speaker-Cables-2-Pin-DIN-Pair-15-Mtrs-B-O-/130503479959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e629d1297#ht_771wt_905

Sorry mate, only read the first part of your post, the adapter is called the N1000, the phones are ET1000, so I thought you were asking about the speaker cables.

From a conversation with another headfier:

"The Beyer side seem to be normal 6-pin DIN plugs, so a Hirschmann MAK 60 jack should do the job. You can get those for <[size=inherit]£1.77 (2€)[/size] at RS components (# 776-448)."

May 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 5
OK, thanks.  I changed my post.

May 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Have you tried contacting someone that can recable them or DIY a cable for you? ALO, Whiplash or Drew @ Moon Audio can help
wink_face.gif

May 9, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 5
I don't know how much those guys would know about recabling electrostatics, you might get a better response from the Stax thread.

Bottom line is its likely there is a problem where the cable connects inside the cups, or the plug. It's unlikely there is a break mid cable.

Have you opened the phones to see if the connections are sound inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back