Need recommendations for VERY PORTABLE amp
Jul 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

weechuen

New Head-Fier
Would be using it with either iTouch2G, Blackberry9780 or I'm going to buy CowonJ3 soon,

my portable rig would be something like CowonJ3> ???? > UM Miracle

shortlisted some choices, 

1) FiiO E11

2) Headstage Arrow 4G

apparently I'm more inclined to FiiOE11 right now as it's cheaper, seems to be a decent amp and quite portable.

However, I really want to get Headstage, apparently it's super portable + really awesome reviews, however its too expensive ($300USD #@$%#$@) and I learnt that it takes forever to ship.

So, can any one out there give me some suggestions and also enlighten me the the E11 AND Headstage capabilities and what they would do to your music?

if you are able to suggest some other amps,
some of my criteria are:

1)Slim and portable (most importantly, SLIM)
2)Decent capabilities
3)Not too expensive roughly 150USD below

Thanks alot in advance for any help given :)

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 4
If you want slim take a look at the Leckerton UHA-4. I have one on the way. Its a little wider then the arrow but still fairly slim overall.

Quote:
Would be using it with either iTouch2G, Blackberry9780 or I'm going to buy CowonJ3 soon,

my portable rig would be something like CowonJ3> ???? > UM Miracle

shortlisted some choices, 

1) FiiO E11

2) Headstage Arrow 4G

apparently I'm more inclined to FiiOE11 right now as it's cheaper, seems to be a decent amp and quite portable.

However, I really want to get Headstage, apparently it's super portable + really awesome reviews, however its too expensive ($300USD #@$%#$@) and I learnt that it takes forever to ship.

So, can any one out there give me some suggestions and also enlighten me the the E11 AND Headstage capabilities and what they would do to your music?

if you are able to suggest some other amps,
some of my criteria are:

1)Slim and portable (most importantly, SLIM)
2)Decent capabilities
3)Not too expensive roughly 150USD below

Thanks alot in advance for any help given :)

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 4
thank you, any more suggestion?

anyway, Leckerton UHA-4 looks good!

The leckerton is a nice amp, well priced and has a decent dac as well. They pop up used in the $150 to $175 range once in a while. If you want to spend more, I just went through a TTVJ slim, very nice, and currently have a pico slim, also very nice. Pico slim is great if you have very sensitive iems. Both run north if $300 though. There are a bunch of other great amps out there. I just listed three that I have recent experience with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back