Need New In-Ear Headphones to replace my old cx300 at a price range of 80$
May 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

demontux

Head-Fier
hi guys,
im new here,
im very sorry for my english.

my old senhiesser CX300 lost. and i  need to a get a new pair of in-ear headphones.
i wanted to buy something that would be a huge upgrade from the cx300. i was happy with them but i feel like i could enjoy something better. the bass was great but maybe over powering...
the headphones will be used for my iphone 4. i dont care for any volume controller or mic. i just need the headphone jack to fit in even with silicone case or bumper on the phone.

i found over the internet few headphones

Klipsch - Image S4

Shure se215

Head Direct re0

wich all around a price tag of 80$. i would like to know which one of these is the best ?
i mostly hear Rock, Classic rock, punk, some drum and base and hiphop.
but generally i hear alot of different type of music and id like to cover them all with the headphones.

was wondering what is the best headphones u can get for the money (80$ range) 
i would like to have something comftreble in termps of use, the CX 300 ear rubber fited my ears canels only at its biggest
size, so i need something that cover this size similarities

if u got a better headphones to offer, maybe from senhisser family which looks very durable at 80$ price range ill be glad.

thanks for the help in advance.
i dont want to get fake headphones so if u know about a good stores with good price over USA that do a 1-2 days ill be happy to hear about them

thanks in advance !

May 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 18
For starters I don't think the RE0s will suite you well.  Unless you want fully a fully analytical pair of cans.  They will also seem like they have no bass (in comparison to the CX300s).  I would actually read around the forum, find something that suites you.  There are plenty of reviews about the SE215s around here, and probably some people will have a few words to chime about the S4s/ProMedias (ProMedias are the same as the S4s from what I remember, just a little cheaper and in red/black).  I haven't heard either one (S4/SE215), so I wouldn't be of much help here.  I have heard the RE0s, and know the CX300 has some bass to it.  The RE0s seem to have very little bass, but excell everywhere else (Jawdropping treble if I may say so myself).

May 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 18
thanks for the quick answer.
i was reading some reviews but could not find one from a guy who tried them all and can tell me for sure which pair will do the best job.
i want to hear music clear, i want quality. something that will make the cx300 sounds like crap. its really hard for me to choose since im not an audiophile and i dont know every detail around every manufacture that make headphones. i just want to nail the value for the money. 
the best i can get for 80$
anyone else got any thoughts or might be able to help me ? its pretty aurgent since my friend is now in US and he can get me the headphones for cheap.

May 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 18
Well i was in the same position as you, it was between the S4 and SE215 and i chose the S4 over the SE215 for two reasons.

I like the S4 sound signature more than the SE215, plus IMO the bass is stronger on the S4 than the SE215.
Another reason why i chose the S4 over the SE215 is because the SE215 has durability and reliability issues, but it seems like Shure has good customer service so that wouldn't matter a longest you purchased the headphones from a authorized dealer.

I would advice you to try them on if you can and decide which is best for you. When i was buying headphones in the <100 range i was sure that i would get the SE215, but i liked the S4 sound signature and comfort over the Shure's. 

S4
Pros
Strong bass
Good mids
Could get muddy (but it could be my music file and it is not burnt in yet)
Very comfortable

Cons
Requires burn in
Cable is thin 

May 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #5 of 18

thanks for the reply.
the problem is that in my country those headphones are really expenssive almost twice the price than in the US.
and if ill buy from US im not shure ill have warrenty here in israel,(only if there is a global warrenty thing).
so as for durabilty and reliability i need a pair that stand in the higer standard so i want need to replace them for a nice amount of years.
the cx300 served me well for 5 years until i lost them.
any competetive to the S4 ? by any kind of brand ?

May 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #8 of 18
I wouldn't buy the S4 either. While the clarity is okay, they sound harsh. You will especially notice it if you are used to CX300 (as I was). As for the fit: The tips are much stiffer that the ones of the CX300. Also it is harder to find the right fit for optimal isolation, as the tips have a oval form. In my experience over-the-ear-wearing makes it even harder to find the right fit as you need to insert them depper into your ear when compared to the CX300.

Depending on your player hissing might also be a problem. I use a rockboxed Sansa Fuze and hissing is noticable, no matter the song, no matter the quality of the audio file.

For your preference in music genre the treble might be a bit to strong, too. But that depends on the listener...

May 19, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #9 of 18
Well, in this price range, I'd say that for overall technical capability, the RE0 probably can't be beat.  However, if you want weighty bass you will find it lacking.  However, it is, from what I understand, extremely clear and will absolutely put your CX300 to shame in every aspect but bass quantity - however, bass quality is a completely different matter.

But if you want something that's a little more versatile all-around and has weightier bass, I'd go for the Brainwavz M3.  As an added bonus, you can buy them from mp4nation with free worldwide shipping, however, it may take awhile to get to where you are (it takes awhile for them to ship to anywhere).

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-167-iems-compared-xears-resonance-ps120pro-added-05-13

If you want, you could check out their respective sections here.  It has the S4 too, but Joker hasn't put up the SE215 yet, since they're pretty new.  Just search for the ones you're looking for, it might be a bit much to read through each entry, though if you have the time and patience, I'd recommend reading through the section for your price range.

May 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #10 of 18
Near as I can tell...the M3 has quite a few similarities with the RE0 but with a little added low end.  Not quite as accurate with the highs, but the low end makes up for it.

BTW...If you're interested, I've got a pair of M3s that I'm selling.  Couldn't convince my wife to keep hers, lol...she likes cheapo earphones for some reason.  They are in the BST forum or just PM me to discuss if you have any interest.  Could save you a few bucks.

May 21, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #11 of 18
OK GUYS i just ordered the head-direct RE0 from AMAZON a seller callled DBROTH.
i was then searching around and saw alot of people complaning about build quality and warrenty that headphones broke after 2 month. is it true ? because reviews over this website seems to praise their build quality and sound. i just need something as durable as the CX300 and im happy. im not clumsy or something but i do travel and in a very hot weather (israel sun :) ) and i dont want the glue to melt or something... is this headphone overrated ? or the ppl posted problem are small precent of defective unit failure or something
im starting to get scared because 88$ (with the shipping) is not that cheap.

May 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
OK GUYS i just ordered the head-direct RE0 from AMAZON a seller callled DBROTH.
i was then searching around and saw alot of people complaning about build quality and warrenty that headphones broke after 2 month. is it true ? because reviews over this website seems to praise their build quality and sound. i just need something as durable as the CX300 and im happy. im not clumsy or something but i do travel and in a very hot weather (israel sun :) ) and i dont want the glue to melt or something... is this headphone overrated ? or the ppl posted problem are small precent of defective unit failure or something
im starting to get scared because 88$ (with the shipping) is not that cheap.

The RE0 definitely isn't overrated...but it does have some build quality issues.  People have often had it break after about a year.  Though not many people have them break earlier than that unless they're really rough with it.  Still, just be really careful and it should be fine.  If it does break you'd just have to see if you can get a replacement.

May 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #13 of 18
The RE-Zero's rather than the RE0. Lower impedance for one thing. With the RE0's you'll always be tempted to try them with an amp, for truly they shine comparatively far more so amped than so many other IEM's. Re-Zero's you'll find are driven more easily and for some people "fix" some of the RE0 shortcomings (whatever those are, I can't find them). 

May 29, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #15 of 18
do the RE0 really need an amp to shine up ? i was wondering if while im waiting for them should i order FIIO E5. is it a good amp ? how well does this do to the RE0 ? or its just bull the whole thing with an amp, i mean if its a minor change i dont want to wast 20$ for that.
if it does do the magic, how dangerous it is for my ears and my headphones ? can it damage my earing ?(dunno small frequency that might do damage or whatever) or damge the headphones ?
or its safe to use and not to loud even with amp..

and from where should i get the FIIO E5, is dealextreame safe for buying it ? or they sell fake one

thanks in advance :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back